Cinevia removal on 4K possible?

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by lampshader, Nov 14, 2017.

1. lampshader

lampshader Member

I know AnyDVD doesnt support 4K, but does that also go for the Cinevia removal? Im getting Cinevia poping up on 2 disks (Arrival and Life) and im not sure if this should be blocked by Anydvd or if it doesn't work as it's a 4K disk.

2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Yes, it should be blocked. Does the notification icon turn purple during playback?

3. lampshader

lampshader Member

No purple icon in the task bar, the only thing that changed is that PowerDVD comes up with the message and the sound gets muted

4. lampshader

lampshader Member

5. James

Please post an AnyDVD logfile. Which PowerDVD version / build is this? Is PowerDVD running elevated /as admin?

6. lampshader

lampshader Member

PowerDVD is version 16 running on windows 10 under an admin account. Please see the log file attached

Attached Files:

7. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Then you need to run AnyDVD as administrator too, or it can't do it's magic properly. Keep in mind, WINDOWS will refuse to auto-start applications that need to be started as administrator.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

8. James

Any reason for this? AnyDVD must run at the same or higher elevation level as PowerDVD.

9. lampshader

lampshader Member

To be fair i have just tested Ch3r0n's idea and it does work. Ill test later to see if you can get windows to run it at start up as admin with compability mode or if im going to need to put in a group policy fix.

On a side not iv'e only seem to have had this since the last windows creators fall update. Before the update you didnt need to run anydvd in admin mode for Cinevia, maybe something the dev team might want to look at.

10. Ch3vr0n

To be fair, James was saying the same thing I was. Elevated rights = run as administrator.

Check the properties of the PowerDVD exe, it's likely running as administrator too. If you don't need that for a specific reason, undo it. Then AnyDVD won't need to run as administrator either.

cybrsage likes this.
  11. lampshader

lampshader Member

PowerDVD is running at normal privileges, but i don't care as i have it working automatically now. Thanks both

12. Ch3vr0n

Very odd, AnyDVD shouldn't need to run as administrator then. Ah well, glad to see the issue is solved.