• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

cineva error

rluczak

Watching the movie "th campaign" any dvd and clone dvd workd fine but when watching in ps3 every 30 seconds or so I get the following error "Audio outputs temporarily muted. Do not adjust the playback volume. The content being played is protected by Cinavia™and is not authorized for playback on this device" any things being worked on to fix this issue

That did not prevent you from getting the copy.
The playback problem is caused by Cinavia, a license on discs and players that will block playing back a copy.
This has been known for a long time now and has nothing to do with preventing making the copy.
We get a lot of queries about the playback blocking of DVD / BD copies caused by Cinavia.

There has been a lot of discussion about this for some time now. You can read all about that here:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=48789

Since this does not prevent the copy we do not see this as a real protection as such.
We will most likely address this in our new Blu-Ray product Slyce but not before 2013.

The easiest solution for the "Cinavia problem" is to use a player which *cannot* play retail Blu-ray discs.
There are some media players which even support full blown Blu-ray menus, like the Netgear NTV550 (not tested myself).
No retail Blu-ray playback = no AACS license required = no Cinavia.
If you can live without full menus, there are many very good and very cheap media players available.

IMHO recording to Blu-ray media is extremely painful anyway. Expensive, slow, unreliable.

A harddisk as a backup media is cheap & fast.

ok ill admit that did not stop u from making a copy but if the audio goes out and u get a big message square in the middle of the copy , serious what good is your back up , so ill make it simple is there a solution and from what im reading there isnt . also is there maybe a sight that will let u know what disc have the protection so u dont wast 5 hours to find out disc is protected ------------------------------dennyd

ok ill admit that did not stop u from making a copy but if the audio goes out and u get a big message square in the middle of the copy , serious what good is your back up , so ill make it simple is there a solution and from what im reading there isnt . also is there maybe a sight that will let u know what disc have the protection so u dont wast 5 hours to find out disc is protected ------------------------------dennyd

"big message square in the middle of the copy" is not the copy that has that, it the playback device doing that. Play the movie back on something that does not detect cinavia.

To find out if a movie has cinavia look on the back of the DVD/Blu-ray case to find the cinavia logo

i was just looking for a way around it as far as the device putting up the error message didnt know that , and from what im reading there is gonna be know quick fix , just kinda of a pain for the kids back up copies , if i would have known this was coming i would have never sold my first generation player .

i was just looking for a way around it as far as the device putting up the error message didnt know that , and from what im reading there is gonna be know quick fix , just kinda of a pain for the kids back up copies , if i would have known this was coming i would have never sold my first generation player .

Just get a WD Live player and your problem is solved.. I know, throw money at anything is always the answer..

That did not prevent you from getting the copy.
The playback problem is caused by Cinavia, a license on discs and players that will block playing back a copy.
This has been known for a long time now and has nothing to do with preventing making the copy.

Since this does not prevent the copy we do not see this as a real protection as such.

WOW!!
How much did you guys pay the spin-doctor who scripted THAT round of double-speak???
"It's not a real protection because it doesn't prevent you from making a copy - and we'll gloss over the fact that the copy can't work on any real, licensed, Blu-Ray players." (and that it's intended as copy protection by the studios)
Was this the the same lawyer that told Bill Clinton to challenge the definition of the word "is"?? :D

IMHO recording to Blu-ray media is extremely painful anyway. Expensive, slow, unreliable. A harddisk as a backup media is cheap & fast.

On this we agree 100%.

-W

Last edited:
Both you and Frank have obviously not done any Blu-ray backups recently, It's actually cheaper to make Blu-ray backups (especially if you make movie only's onto SL BD-r's) than it is to back up on to harddrives. Using the standard SL BD-r's that I've been using for 5 years I can buy just over 5GB's of space for the same price as the cheapest 3TB drive. Yes it is slower to back up, but for that much extra space and for the peace of mind that if the disc fails I only lose 1 back up not many like I would if a harddrive fails I can live with the extra time it takes.

You're right

Both you and Frank have obviously not done any Blu-ray backups recently, It's actually cheaper to make Blu-ray backups (especially if you make movie only's onto SL BD-r's) than it is to back up on to harddrives.

Thanks for this and I agree with you 100% on the cost matter.

The text being referred to as "spin" is actually sourced from a comment James made some months ago. I liked it so much I used as a source for my comment. And James is always right when the smoke clears. :D

Back