• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Removal Suggestion

I'm going to try out my copy of Think Like A Man tonight, and see what the results are.

After I convert it to an mkv, I'm going to disable AnyDVD HD, and play the mkv file with PowerDVD 14 Ultra, and see what happens. (I have PowerDVD 12 Ultra and PowerDVD 13 Ultra as well, so I'll test the mkv file out later this week with the earlier versions of PowerDVD Ultra that I own.)

Overall, this is great news in the battle against Cinavia.

MTS Audio

I originally built my system around an NHT 5.1 surround system, Yamaha AMP, 4K Bravia, and its' 4k blu-ray player 3D.

Luckily I found one the older Sony single disk blu ray players that none of the cinavia silliness occurs. I also keep my Sds as iso files on my QNAS with one of Dunes which does not detect cinavia.

So it has not been an inexpensive hobby to around this stupid protection.

I hope you fix this audio constraint with HDDVD or with alone CloneBD.

they never will "fix this constraint with hddvd" because they don't have to for multiple reasons. 1) The HD-DVD format was abandoned years ago, it was "defeated" in the HD format war and 2) there is no cinavia on HD-DVD's. And they will never do it with "CloneBD alone". CloneBD is a 100% legal application, adding cinavia removal capabilities would remove that status.

I originally built my system around an NHT 5.1 surround system, Yamaha AMP, 4K Bravia, and its' 4k blu-ray player 3D.

Luckily I found one the older Sony single disk blu ray players that none of the cinavia silliness occurs. I also keep my Sds as iso files on my QNAS with one of Dunes which does not detect cinavia.

So it has not been an inexpensive hobby to around this stupid protection.

I hope you fix this audio constraint with HDDVD or with alone CloneBD.
You should try CloneBD if you haven't recently.

Most likely you will always have to be current with both CloneBD and AnyDVDHD for this to work (ie without the watermark).
As I understand it, the Cinavia removal feature is a marriage between CloneBD and AnyDVDHD. Elby's CloneBD is just a re-encoder and doesn't claim to remove protections, Slysoft takes the credit for that. Not sure if correct on this, but I think it's actually Slysoft's AnyDVDHD that has the algos to detect Cinavia and provides the flag to CloneBD to turn on some custom re-encoding process. Both products seem to be highly integrated for the task and will probably always be that way.

Last edited:
You should try CloneBD if you haven't recently.

Most likely you will always have to be current with both CloneBD and AnyDVDHD for this to work (ie without the watermark).
Not really. But this is recommended. We do an intelligent search like we do with all the recent WinDVD and PowerDVD builds.

As I understand it, the Cinavia removal feature is a marriage between CloneBD and AnyDVDHD. Elby's CloneBD is just a re-encoder and doesn't claim to remove protections, Slysoft takes the credit for that. Not sure if correct on this, but I think it's actually Slysoft's AnyDVDHD that has the algos to detect Cinavia and provides the flag to CloneBD to turn on some custom re-encoding process.
No. Poor CloneBD is completely unaware of what is happening. Hehe... ;)

Both products seem to be highly integrated for the task and will probably always be that way.
No. AnyDVD hacks into CloneBD just like it does with ArcSoft TMT or PowerDVD. Do you think PowerDVD is "highly integrated" to AnyDVD? You got to be kidding. It works very similar to the CloneBD hack.

James, Thanks for clearing all that up :)

Last edited:
Yes, because clonebd cannot and never will remove cinavia on its own. Is anydvd that does the magic

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Nice work.

I haven't tried this myself yet but it's great to see Cinavia being tackled/removed :clap:

Will CloneBD ever have the option to downconvert to AC3 without reencoding the video? Would be nice addition :)

I think I got the this. AnyDVDHD hacks into CloneBD to fix Cinavia. CloneBD has no claim to support the AnyDVDHD Cinavia feature.

So far that's what works but it requires having both CloneBD and AnyDVDHD for it to actually work at this time? i.e. if you don't want the pesky watermark you also have to buy CloneBD?

I think I got the this. AnyDVDHD hacks into CloneBD to fix Cinavia. CloneBD has no claim to support the AnyDVDHD Cinavia feature.

So far that's what works but it requires having both CloneBD and AnyDVDHD for it to actually work at this time? i.e. if you don't want the pesky watermark you also have to buy CloneBD?

Correct :)

Yes and yes.
For AnyDVD's PowerDVD Cinavia fix you'll have to have PowerDVD, too.
Well, if you have too much time to spend, you could demux CloneBD output and remux it again....

i have a question will slysoft improve the quality of the cinavia removal function in clonebd ??? i hope so

i have a question will slysoft improve the quality of the cinavia removal function in clonebd ??? i hope so

The function is *in AnyDVD* (like it always was with PowerDVD & Co.), and yes, we will improve the quality.

AnyDVDHD

My apologies in the earlier post. I did not mean HD DVD, I meant AnyDVDHD.

I hope the boss survives staying in Antigua continuing his fine work.

But Slysoft is the only one currently that really override Cinavia but based on location.

Hey James, is there any chance that in the future, you won't have to change the speed of the audio for the Cinavia fix? It's really annoying with the music.

The function is *in AnyDVD* (like it always was with PowerDVD & Co.), and yes, we will improve the quality.

So in other words, any Cinavia complaints or discussions should be posted in the AnyDVD/HD forums? Since questions are likely to involve both CloneBD and AnyDVD, my suggestion is to create a completely new forum just for Cinavia discussions related to the AnyDVD fix.

One thing I'm still not clear on, does AnyDVD detect Cinavia from the actual audio stream or does it detect it indirectly from the parameters of a 3rd party s/w player or decoder in response to Cinavia?

PS: IMHO this first step to the "death of Cinavia" resulted from the requirement of new software PC players to be Cinavia compliant and it made the tech more vulnerable to reverse engineering than if it only existed on the hardware standalone players. Cinavia was bound to be reverse engineered eventually but made it a lot easier to hack Cinavia with a software player than a hardware player.

Congratulations again to Slysoft for being the first to remove Cinavia with a re-encode! Looking forward to AnyDVDHD betas that address Cinavia issues :)

Last edited:
Back