• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia on DVD

TulOKUSA

I know of the issues with Cinavia on blu-ray but for some reason I am getting the same issue on some DVD backups. I am also getting the narrator voice over on some DVD's with no option to change to regular audio.
I have double checked and the drives on my PC are set specific to Region 1. This fixed the CSS failure issues. Is there a specific audio I need to check (ie: AC3/2 or AC3/6) to eliminate the narrator?
My apologies if this should have been in the CLoneDVD thread instead of here.

Ac3/2 is usually commentary. Cinavia isn't exclusively used on bd's. It's very old news that it's on DVD's too. Primarily Sony / lionsgate releases

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

I know of the issues with Cinavia on blu-ray but for some reason I am getting the same issue on some DVD backups. I am also getting the narrator voice over on some DVD's with no option to change to regular audio.
I have double checked and the drives on my PC are set specific to Region 1. This fixed the CSS failure issues. Is there a specific audio I need to check (ie: AC3/2 or AC3/6) to eliminate the narrator?
My apologies if this should have been in the CLoneDVD thread instead of here.
1) Play your DVD on a DVD player and you will have no Cinavia issues. Only comes into play on post 2012 Bluray players.
2) As Ch3vron stated, Director's Comments and extras are generally AC-3/2 tracks, while the main movie is generally an AC-3/6 track.

Back