• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Becoming More Prevalent

The easiest solution for the "Cinavia problem" is to use a player which *cannot* play retail Blu-ray discs. There are some media players which even support full blown Blu-ray menus, like the Netgear NTV550 (not tested myself).

I have the Netgear NeoTV 550, and I can confirm that this is the case. It even handles JAVA menus (eg German House on Haunted Hill, which has Sony ScreenProtect on it plays fine - thanks to AnyDVD)

With all of the talk on Cinavia, I have not seen any comment on the older 3D blu-ray players. About Cinavia having any capability to cause your player to automatically update it's firmware, to add Cinavia to your player causing playback issues with your new backups of a Cinavia protected disc. I have been able to backup some of the disc that say Cinavia protected and watch them on my older Samsung 3d player. I am however worried about Cinavia's advancements, does anyone know?

My circumvention for Cinavia, for both software and hardware playing until Cinavia can be defeated. But, I am bias towards hardware playing and creating back-up disks you can take to a friends house to watch a movie.
So for now, I create back-up disks that can be played in a hardware player or a software player.

1. Hardware playing
I have four hardware players without Cinavia and all are Sony. Will only do firmware update on ONE of them when the new source pressed BD-ROM will not play on them. All are over 18 months old and do not require a firmware update. Each new firmware update from Sony is stored on a seperate CD-R disk in case it is ever needed. (HDMI to HDTV)

2. Software playing
Use software players without Cinavia, VSO and XBMC work great for me, will play standard definition as well as Blu-ray, playback from the source pressed BD-ROM disk or back-up disk or play sometimes from the hard drive. (HDMI to HDTV)

So far, this procedure has worked well for me.:agree:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I understand that there has been cure for the Cinavia . Is that true?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I understand that there has been cure for Cinavia . Is that true?

No there isn't. The folks over at dvd2hd claimed they had one that was supposed to be released on oct 31st. We're all still waiting. They've changed their "release date" for their "cinavia module" about half a dozen times now, but an actual release has yet to be seen. Currently there is NO way to remove it

Last edited:
Warning

Hey guys, I understand that there has been cure for Cinavia xxxxxxx . Is that true?

If you use that word again in connection with this I'll ban you for a while.

Last edited:
Don't use that word please

Hey guys, I understand that there has been cure for the Cinavia . Is that true?

I will not tolerate the use of that disease name to describe some playback blocking. I have a good reason for this and if you use it again I'll temporarily ban you.

Would like to find a diagnostic applett

Hi,
We use a large pc for projection and others for storage. Each has some generation of BD drive. I would like find software that could report the characteristics of each drive with respect to movie protection potential, firmware dates, etc.. Specifically, it would be good to know if the drive has the possibility to be updated such that it would be detrimental playback.

Thank you,
Hibo2k

PC drives have no way of detecting Cinavia, the detection is in the software you use, so no firmware update on a PC drive will add Cinavia detection as it's not possible. Only commercial playback software has Cinavia detection (PowerDVD, Totalmedia Theatre and WinDVD)

Cinavia copy protection

I don't know nothing and appreciate reading here the info. pertaining to this issue, But i also notice in a new player i got for Christmas in which i had burned CD's / dvds mp3 in -rw n +rw formats, also burning with nero as a data disk and the player scanned and stopped would NOT play them i was pissed.
Then i took out to garage and loaded them on an older Panasonic dvd player and worked just fine, hummm

The player i just got for xmas was a Panasonic dmp bd77 Blu-Ray, now will region free play them and free of Cinavia copy protection ???

Well Thanks everyone appreciate all feed, Enjoy

Back