• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CINAVIA and Slyce

Too bad there are other programs out there that rip blu rays... Whats lame is you guys live in a bubble and think Slysoft is the only program out there.. Lame you guys are technically 4-5 years behind the times... Its OK if you guys like being behind the 8 ball all the time... enjoy the CloneBD beta's fellas.

If you're trashing CloneBD, and don't need AnyDVD, why are you even coming to this forum? Think you're going to "shame" them into releasing it or just want to come on and start a flame war? Good luck with your Cinex, you're not needed if your only contribution is to insult and incite.

seems to me, that Slysoft went the right way on this, and came up with a novel approach. instead of fiddling with the audio and all that, trying to remove cinavia, which seems to me a huge task, they instead took the players and patched them to get around it. I still think that was a very credible and practical way to deal with it. just my opinion.

True Indy but the patch only works with software players, and since you can't install anydvd on a standalone player cinavia still triggers. The novel approach with cloneBD is that unlike other software that uses a database (file) to warn or remove cinavia cloneBD doesn't. It doesn't use a database it works on the fly.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

True Indy but the patch only works with software players, and since you can't install anydvd on a standalone player cinavia still triggers. The novel approach with cloneBD is that unlike other software that uses a database (file) to warn or remove cinavia cloneBD doesn't. It doesn't use a database it works on the fly.

well yea, but to me, how difficult is it to connect your laptop via HDMI to your tv, and the audio to your audio equipment? I really don't understand why Slysoft is concerned with standalone dvd players, they play cinavia dvds just fine, it's the backups that have trouble. so just play the backups via HDMI, and there is no problem. everybody wants the cinavia removed from the backups, and that just seems lazy to me, and the remedies I've seen, are more trouble and lack of audio quality than they are worth. just use your laptop to play them, and no worries. forget the standalone players to get around the problem, use your laptops as the player.

Who said anything about standalone DVD players, none of them detect it. Its the BLURAY players that matter. Secondly, good luck telling the thousands of users to move their computer to their TV every time they want to play a backup. And that's ignoring the fact that not everyone may know/want to do that. And frankly if a backup disc goes bad, you can just create a new one. If you're hard drive goes bad that holds your backups you lose em all.

No I'm not referring to them or anyone, I can't give more info on that as I don't know any. All I was told was 'trademark reasons', and that can be anything.

And about the issues, well all I'm seeing is issues that get solved. Anydvd does what it's supposed to do, and if bugs do appear in anydvd itself they vet fixed as well.

Now back topic.

I understand the reason why they couldn't use the original name because someone else took the trademark name of Slyce. Just google it.

As far as AnyDVD / AnyDVDHD, I know that it's a work in progress. When users let Slysoft know what problems they are having with AnyDVD, it HELPS make AnyDVD & Slysoft a better product than the competition, which for AnyDVD, there isn't any. AnyDVD will always need updated and tweaking as new titles and protections are released. That's why it's the best program out there, IMHO.

I WAS on topic, Cinavia and Slyce! I originally just wanted to know why the name was changed from Slyce to CloneBD and why Slysoft isn't releasing what they have, similarly to AnyDVD. There can only be so many ALPHA & BETA testers out there, but there will always be someone with a different setup.

Lastly, I am not bashing, putting down anyone or program, so being so authoritative puts a person "in charge" :policeman:, or they think they are. I don't claim to be an authority on anything, but I have common sense. I hope I didn't offend you in my original posting. End of subject. :) :) :)

I can see SLYCE has been a long held trademark. but not for Slysoft. really, did you guys ever check that, or know it. kind of embarrassing, wouldn't you say?

AFAIK just because a certain term is trademarked in 1 field (eg furniture), doesn't mean it isn't available in another field (eg software). U say u 'saw' it was long held, and your proof of that is where exactly? Don't jump to (embarrassing) conclusions.

IMHO I always preferred CloneBD anyway. To me the "Slyce" name came out of left field, and I never cared for it much from a marketing perspective.
Regardless of "standings" over right the use the name "Slyce" - I can see why Slysoft has "enough battles" without going down that road.
Changing the name to CloneBD was a no-brainer. And I supported that even before the copyright issue arose. LOL
-W

You do know this is a 3 year old topic right? Why bring up the old software name and Slysoft into this. Please let it stay dead

You do know this is a 3 year old topic right? Why bring up the old software name and Slysoft into this. Please let it stay dead
Heh.... I just came across it by looking for something else.
Please feel free to delete posts 131, 132, and this post 133 - LOL
-W

Back