Chris Botti Live Soundtrack and other problems

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by Lonald, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Lonald

Lonald Active Member

Hi,

My backup of this DVD plays the soundtrack oddly, with the initial voice over playing very slowly. Then if I advance to the performance, the playback jumps forward to about 20 minutes and the audio/video sync is off and I cannot reverse back to the beginning.

Logfile attached.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

AnyDVD is only a ripper/decrypter. It cannot cause sync issues. Audio problems require some form of audio processing and that's just not something AnyDVD can do.

Not an AnyDVD problem, your issue is with the tool used to create the backup copy.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

3. Lonald

Lonald Active Member

Hi all,

Just tried backing up Chris Botti Live and the playback has trouble with the audio in that the initial voice over plays very slowly. When I move the playback forward it jumps ahead about 20 minutes and plays at normal speed, but is out of sync. The playback then cannot be brought back before that 20 minute mark.

Of note, the original disc plays fine.

Help!

Logfile attached.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

4. Lonald

Lonald Active Member

Ok, reposted on the CloneBD site with the CloneBD logfile.

Thanks!

5. Ch3vr0n

Please don't multi/crosspost. Topics merged & moved

Oh and that's not a DVD, it's a blu-ray DISC. There's no such thing as a "Blu-ray DVD", its either a DVD or a Blu-ray disc. Never both

6. Lonald

Lonald Active Member

I apologize for the misleading post and am glad we have this all on the correct forum and the correct posting.

7. Lonald

Lonald Active Member

Hi all,

A second backup is showing the same behavior. Other backups are working normally. Of note, the behavior is seen on two different players - Emby Theater and Laewo Blu-Ray Player.

Logfile attached.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

8. Ch3vr0n

Neither are licensed Blu-ray players. Could you try powerdvd (trial if need be)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

9. Lonald

Lonald Active Member

Hi all,

PowerDVD does not play the backup *.mkv files. The behavior is different in that the time counter progresses, but the picture does not show though the sound does play. The time counter also does not revert to a spot about 40 minutes into the show once fast-forwarding is done.

Other *.mkv backups work fine.

Hope this helps!

Lon

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  10. Lonald

Lonald Active Member

Another disc that doesn't backup correctly is Tori Amos Live at Montreux 1991 & 1992. Log file is attached. The native disk plays fine. The *.mkv stutters and hangs (using PowerDVD).

Interesting that all three are music discs.

Attached Files:

11. Fabian

Fabian Developer

There is a problem with the audio codec. As soon as I get the disc I will fix it.

12. Lonald

Lonald Active Member

That's great! Is the same true for all 3 of the discs?

Thanks!

13. Lonald

Lonald Active Member

Hi all,

I tried the Botti Live disc again and the audio is still not synced properly, though the slow speaking part at the beginning is gone. Attached is the latest logfile.

Attached Files: