• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

choppy playback

yaniv

I have that LG rom as well, I just got it and intalled. I got a movie from netflix 28 weeks later on bluray and it plays very choppy. I am using the cyberlink powerdvd software that came with it. Since you got it to work smoothly, can you please tell me what I can do to make the movie play like a movie and not like a bunch of frames moving along slowly?

choppy playback of bluray

I have a LG bluray HD DVD-rom (GGC-H20L), I just intalled it and I got a movie from netflix "28 weeks later" on bluray and it plays very choppy. I am using the cyberlink powerdvd software that came with it.
I am running VISTA 64bit
2GB RAM
2.13 DUO core intel CPU e6400
ASUS GEFORCE 8800 GTS 640MB
And both the video card and my tv are HDCP complient hooked up by DVI from the Graphic card to HDMI on the TV
I think it is powerfull enough for bluray playback, I may be wrong but I think it is.

Can anyone please tell me what I can do to make the movie play like a movie and not like a bunch of frames moving along slowly?

Oh yea I have anydvd HD installed and when I have it running and I am attempting to play a movie on powerdvd it gives me an internal error msg. and it does not play at all but when i don't have it running it plays but very choppy. I only have this movie to test right now so I don't have much testing room.

any help is much appreciated

I don't know what the choppy playing is
but just to let you know "28 Weeks Later " is widely acclaimed as the worst quality PQ Blu-Ray released so far.

Wow, that was fast. Thanks Serah. I will try a different one. but when I mean choppy. The movie plays like frame by frame and it just does not run smoothly like a movie should.

Thanks

Same issue

I have a LG bluray HD DVD-rom (GGC-H20L), I just intalled it and I got a movie from netflix "28 weeks later" on bluray and it plays very choppy. I am using the cyberlink powerdvd software that came with it.
I am running VISTA 64bit
2GB RAM
2.13 DUO core intel CPU e6400
ASUS GEFORCE 8800 GTS 640MB
And both the video card and my tv are HDCP complient hooked up by DVI from the Graphic card to HDMI on the TV
I think it is powerfull enough for bluray playback, I may be wrong but I think it is.

Can anyone please tell me what I can do to make the movie play like a movie and not like a bunch of frames moving along slowly?

Oh yea I have anydvd HD installed and when I have it running and I am attempting to play a movie on powerdvd it gives me an internal error msg. and it does not play at all but when i don't have it running it plays but very choppy. I only have this movie to test right now so I don't have much testing room.

any help is much appreciated

If I either run AnyDVD and play from the Blu-Ray drive, or copy the disk to the HD then play with PowerDVD I get slightly choppy playback. It almost looks like the framerate is dropped to about 15 fps. But without AnyDVD running then playback from the Blu-Ray is fine. Any suggestions? This is new and very fast QuadCore computer with an ATI HD2400 card and SATA3 hard drive so I do not think it is a hardware limitation.

I am having the same problem.

I am running VISTA 64 BIT
2.1 DUO Intel e6400
2GB Memory
640MB ASUS 8800GTS
And as for the player
LG GGC-H20L which plays both BLURAY AND HDDVD

HD DVD plays not bad I can't say it’s really choppy but BLURAY is horrific.
I just got 28 days later and that is completely unwatchable.
I also rented Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End and I guess I could watch it but it would not be enjoyable.
I can see the CPU gadget shooting up when the movie is playing but when it is commercial for coming soon to bluray, it does not do that.

ANYONE please help

I am having the same problem.

I am running VISTA 64 BIT
2.1 DUO Intel e6400
2GB Memory
640MB ASUS 8800GTS
And as for the player
LG GGC-H20L which plays both BLURAY AND HDDVD

HD DVD plays not bad I can't say it’s really choppy but BLURAY is horrific.
I just got 28 days later and that is completely unwatchable.
I also rented Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End and I guess I could watch it but it would not be enjoyable.
I can see the CPU gadget shooting up when the movie is playing but when it is commercial for coming soon to bluray, it does not do that.

ANYONE please help
Alot of the trailers etc are normally in a different codec to the main movie (mpeg2/VC-1) which is why they usually play fine, I suspect thats the case for this and that the main movie is probably h264. If you keep the cpu usage open does it peak when the playback gets choppy, if so then you specs aren't good enough. Check the graphics card driver version, normally the latest is best although I have heard a few people have problems with the very latest nvidia driver.

Back