• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Choosing a blu ray external drive and importance of the read speed

Phrehdd

There are several makes of external drives (and internals for that matter) and was curious if there really is any advantage to read/write speed with respect to using this product. Any advice would be appreciated. It seems on the surface that reading the drive can only go so fast with the software (AnyDVD HD etc.) so there would be no gain in a "faster" unit.

I have a nice unit that has served me well for several years but was considering getting a new blu ray r/w unit. Also, there are some internal units of interest but have slower r/w times. I believe they are more likely to be intended for small devices (such as laptops).

Thanks in advance for any help/opinions/direction to reference info

- phrehdd

Back