• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Choosing 32 bit vs 64 bit Anystream

Euler

I tried searching for an answer but regardless of the variation I could come up with, I read
"
RedFox Forum - Error
The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common.
"

Anyhoo, what reason would one install the 32 bit version vs the 64 bit Anystream version (other than the main one I could come up with of someone using 32 bit windows) ? Curious, does anyone here use 32 bit windows? I have yet to see it in the wild. Is one more likely to be stable?

P.S.
Anyone know of a way to search 64 bit without obtaining the error?

It appears the search requires at least 4 characters per word

For some software (e.g. MS Office) there are Plugins that are not converted to 64bit ... that would be a reason for a 32bit Office installation.

Anystream does not have such plugins (yet?) so there is no reason for a 32bit installation on a 64bit system.

Anyhoo, what reason would one install the 32 bit version vs the 64 bit Anystream version (other than the main one I could come up with of someone using 32 bit windows) ? Curious, does anyone here use 32 bit windows? I have yet to see it in the wild. Is one more likely to be stable?
In previous versions, the 64bit version, or rather the browser engine thereof, would not run on 64bit Windows 7. That was a reason for the 32bit version.
That problem has been fixed, so now there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to use the 32bit version, unless you have a 32bit Windows.

Curious, does anyone here use 32 bit windows? I have yet to see it in the wild. Is one more likely to be stable?
I'm running a 32bit windows in a virtual machine (VMware) and the only constraint is the memory restriction.
If you are running only one program (guess what) - there is no problem.

Back