• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Children of Men HD-DVD problem with 6.1.4.5b

alanisrox69

When trying to rip this HD-DVD (US version)....I get this:
comne1.png

the disc is clean and not scratched.

Here is the AnyDVD status screen:
Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD 6.1.4.5)
TOSHIBA DVD/HDX807616 MC08 10/03/06
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a HD DVD.
Booktype: hd-dvd (version 3), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 4956160 sectors (9680 MBytes)
Total size: 9912320 sectors (19360 MBytes)
Video HD DVD label: CHILDRENOFMEN
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!

A few other notes: It is a double sided DVD/ HD-DVD combo. If it helps, around the perimeter of the disc are these numbers: (323653) 0300332000542R1 01 and (323654) 0300332000542R1 01

and sorry if this has been discussed before...I couldn't find a thread about it.

Thanks.

Seems like the disc is scratched or a bad press.

I had this exact problem with the Queen in Bluray, the disc was in perfect condition, however, when i tried getting another copy of the disc, it worked perfectly.

As for Children of Men in HD, I have backuped this copy successfully.

When trying to rip this HD-DVD (US version)...
There have been numerous reports of bad pressings of Children of Men HD DVD. Universal has announced a disc replacement program. See here for more details: http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/news...Issues_Announces_Disc_Replacement_Program/603

Alternatively, you could try "boiling" the disc, i.e. running it under hot water for a while. Honestly; some people have written on forums about how that fixed their playback problems. Personally I wouldn't try it, though :)

I picked up another disc and it works now...

well I should say, it's copying anyways, hopefully no errors ...

Back