• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cheetah Girls 2 problem

Andy G

Trying to make a backup of Cheetah Girls 2 and getting bad files. I have an NEC burner and a LG burner in my PC and both of them get 27 minutes into the movie when it pixelates and stops using PowerDVD as a player. I have an older Sony DVD player/ VHS recorder that stops at the same place, however my newer Phillips DVDR will play the original disk without skipping or stopping. The original disk does not appear to be overly scratched or dirty and I have cleaned it using my Memorex OptiFix Pro disk cleaner.

Here is the info when I run AnyDvd that it reports:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.3)
HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H22N 1.00 06/08/05
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2049472 sectors (4002 MBytes)
Total size: 3959499 sectors (7733 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: CHEETAH_GIRLS_2
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 6 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Is there something else I can try to make a backup of this Disney movie?

Andy G said:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.3)
HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H22N 1.00 06/08/05
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
@ Andy G,

Welcome to the Forum.

You do not have your DVD Device Region set. For the AnyDVD software program to function and operate correctly requires that the DVD Device have a Region set.

Also suggest reviewing the AnyDVD Forum sticky titled “Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)” (http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091) and note the comments in item #9.

Regards,
Coaster

Thanks for the tips. I scanned over the post after I posted my question. I usually use my NEC drive as my reader and my LG as my burner and have done many copies with them.
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.3)
_NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A 1.06 06030700BT-LIGGY
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1
Total size: 2253312 sectors (4401 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: AND_THEN_CAME_LOVE
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I read #9 and my problem is not with my backup freezing, it is the original disk that will not read. I haven't had problems with the LG burner burning before and I use Taiyo Yuden blank media. I'll have to look into setting my region code on the LG which is just as I installed it several months ago. I have not looked for updated firmware for a while. I looked when I first got it but none was available then. Any hints on setting the region code and a good place to get firmware?

Please forgive this slow learner. I read about Region Code in the post you cited and was able to go into Device Manager and change the Region Code to USA. I also D/L'ed version 1.02 from LG for my drive and I plan to upgrade the firmware. I'll have to open the case and put the drive as master on the secondary IDE controller. I wonder how critical this is? Could I just unplug my NEC drive and try the update?

1. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

2. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

I have an older version of Nero cd/dvd drive speed but I used VSO Inspector to scan the original and it found 2 bad files during the scan which I attributed to the Disney copy protection based on my small understanding of the things AnyDvd reported. I did have the log enabled and will attach it to this post.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_CHEETAH_GIRLS_2.zip
    107.8 KB · Views: 1
I have an older version of Nero cd/dvd drive speed but I used VSO Inspector to scan the original and it found 2 bad files during the scan which I attributed to the Disney copy protection based on my small understanding of the things AnyDvd reported.

No. The the original disc is bad. Exchange it.

I was able to get a good backup. I'm not sure which one did it, but I changed the region Code on the LG burner to USA Region 1, I cleaned the disk again, and I used the LG as a reader to read the disk in Nero and scan it. The scan turned out with no bad spots so I think the cleaning did it. I used AnyDvd to Rip the DVD to my HDD and then I used my 1Click to make the backup to the LG burner.
Thanks for the help.

Back