• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Chapter Transition

Prog5000

While watching a ripped DVD on my computer you can notice the transition between one chapter to another as the image jolts for a split second, the sound continues as normal. I've ripped the dvd to dvd-5 setting.

Any reason why this may occur? I have the lasted version of CloneDVD.

While watching a ripped DVD on my computer you can notice the transition between one chapter to another as the image jolts for a split second, the sound continues as normal. I've ripped the dvd to dvd-5 setting.

Any reason why this may occur? I have the lasted version of CloneDVD.

a) Does this also occur during playback on your computer?

b) How about during playback on your standalone dvd player?

c) What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

Pauses may occur on some players during the layer break transition if you're using double layer blank media--but not between chapters

Yeah it does occur on my pc. I haven't burn't it to disc i'm watcing it using the IFO/Vob files. Also occurs when watching the files on my media player drive on my tv but I expected that to happen due to the fact it is a simple pc.

It occurs with every chapter transition, i.e LOTR Two Towers EX.

Last edited:
Yeah it does occur on my pc. I haven't burn't it to disc i'm watcing it using the IFO/Vob files. Also occurs when watching the files on my media player drive on my tv but I expected that to happen due to the fact it is a simple pc.

It occurs with every chapter transition, i.e LOTR Two Towers EX.

This is an issue either with your playback software--or, perhaps, a badly fragmented hard drive (if your pc is slow generally, then that may also be an issue).

Back