• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Changes in Version 1.5.0.1

Ok, I'll try that...

... I switched to HEVC/CVBR without re-starting AS... and the next movie downloaded in HEVC.

Which leads me to believe no AS restart is needed to change the HEVC/AVC setting.

Cool!

T
You see how easy it works? Our developers are the best in the business. ;)

.... Still hoping though that future releases will allow HEVC/AVC selection on the Download configuration page for Prime titles -- just as it is for HBO Max.

That ofc is the easiest way to make the selection of which of those formats to use on a per-title basis, if that's your preference.

T

.... Still hoping though that future releases will allow HEVC/AVC selection on the Download configuration page for Prime titles -- just as it is for HBO Max.

That ofc is the easiest way to make the selection of which of those formats to use on a per-title basis, if that's your preference.

T
As I said, Set it and forget it.:)

As I said, Set it and forget it.:)

LOL.

Sound good but I already explained why deciding title-by-title will be my personal preference.

I just did a couple of downloads of each type from HBO Max and there's no doubt that the AVC version provides a more detail picture on my 4K screen.

No doubt at all! :=)

It also is taking up 50% more space on my Hard Drive - lol.

So, as I mentioned, for some titles I'll want the full magilla with an AVC download -- and for some HEVC and its storage savings will be the way to go.

T

Going into the settings isn't really a hard chore now is it? Open the setting and close them. 3 seconds at most. ;) But all input is good. Its not up to me.

Going into the settings isn't really a hard chore now is it?

No not hard.

It's just convenient to have all settings that pertain to a specific download in one place, the Download Configuration screen.

Especially since you have to visit that page when downloading no matter what.

It's one-stop-shopping, is all. :=)

It's great to now have the option to make that setting, for sure, but that bit of convenience -- and flexibility -- would take it over the top, imo. :)

T

As I said before, it’s not up to me. It’s up to the developer of the program. My opinion really doesn’t matter. It’s the opinion of the customers. Redfox never turns down input. Everything is taken into consideration.

I'm in the "make it work like hbo" category, for the record. I like consistency and there are lots of valid reasons to want it per download.

(Not a complaint, simply voicing another opinion)

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Redfox never turns down input. Everything is taken into consideration.

Just one of the things I love about Redfox!

Here, here! :p (y)

I'm in the "make it work like hbo" category, for the record. I like consistency and there are lots of valid reasons to want it per download.

(Not a complaint, simply voicing another opinion)

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Convenience, flexibility ... consistency!

Yes!

Works for me. :LOL:

Yup, no complaint here either!

Prime HEVC is a fantastic addition!!

Just looking forward to that as a possible future enhancement.

T

I switched to HEVC/CVBR without re-starting AS... and the next movie downloaded in HEVC.
Which leads me to believe no AS restart is needed to change the HEVC/AVC setting.
I just tried it as well, and yes, you don't have to restart it. It is enough to press F5 to reload the page (maybe it also works to change it before you open the movie page).

HEVC CVBR works fine. cant wait to try HEVC CBR because im getting bitrates/filesizes all over the place. 'the man in the high castle' s01e01 is 2gb in old AVC, 900mb in new HEVC CVBR. BUT... s01e02 in HEVC CVBR is the same filesize and bitrate as old AVC. lol. 'alex rider'. first three episodes of season one in HEVC CVBR yield exactly 50% smaller filesize, BUT... e01 is 4000kbps, then s02 is 2000kbps, then e03 is 3000kbps... which, come to think of it, is what one would expect from VBR, right? so far HEVC CVBR reminds me of NF. lol. and thats not good. i cant remember when HEVC from HMAX had such oscillations when it came to bitrates and filesizes. sure, a hundred mb or so, fine. but 50% between episodes... maybe HMAX was always HEVC CBR? anyways, a gret update for sure. great work. but... i will have to think twice when replacing old AP AVC downloads, precisely because of lack of consistency. picture quality wise, i havent noticed much difference, so that is good. cant wait for HEVC CBR.

on with the testing, comparing. my head hurts... lol. 'do i see banding @ 55:19 or am i imagining things? ok, lets go back to AVC. hmm... did i see banding in HEVC version? i cant remember. lets go back. ah, yes, banding. but now i forgot how AVC went. fire it up again... oh ffs, what am i doing, does it matter? maybe i should bite the bullet and just go back to bluray rips and go for 720p across the board, huh? i mean, sure filesizes match those of 1080p WEBDL, but at least there is absolutely no banding. how much space i gots left? 150gb out of 42000gb? maybe i should stick with WEBDLs, eff it! yeah, ill do that. lets check s01e04. ooooh, ffs! so much banding my head hurts and my eyes are bleeding!!. nah! bluray rips it is! thats it!!! final decision!! OR IS IT??'. there it is. theres the train of thought. my head does hurt. hahaha

I don't know whats with all the hubbub around CBR and VBR ... I downloaded some videos of both and noticed the CBR filesize is even lower than VBR.
IMO CBR cannot reach the quality of VBR with a given bitrate.
It's like using a car with just one gear ... running downhill the acceleration might be good, uphill you are definetely lost, the hill in this case is a video with lots of changes between frames (high motion, noisy...)
There's just not enough power (bitrate) to get you uphill fast.

Cleary what we all must do is watch EVERY movie in our collections from start to finish in both CBR and VBR AND 264 and 265 to figure out which looks best. :p

ill take on your challenge. one for the team. see yall in 10 years (+/+ 5 years). say a prayer for me. hahahaaaa. but, all joking aside. this is a serious matter and an important discussion to be had. and, to add some spice to it... whats your favorite candidate for the 2024 US presidential elections? :unsure:

ill take on your challenge. one for the team. see yall in 10 years (+/+ 5 years). say a prayer for me. hahahaaaa. but, all joking aside. this is a serious matter and an important discussion to be had. and, to add some spice to it... whats your favorite candidate for the 2024 US presidential elections? :unsure:
We do not discuss politics here. It turns nasty very fast. ;) (off-topic anyway)

Actually you only need to F5 the Amazon page to apply the settings ... no need to go back and forth ;)
Yes, that does the trick, the F5 keyboard entry will enable the settings.

Back