• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Changes in Version 1.5.0.1

RedFox 1

Forum Admin
This version is a big step forward that a lot of customers have been looking forward to. Our developers listened and worked hard and it's here. Choice. CBR or CVBR in the Amazon provider. Plus the HEVC H265 codec for now in Amazon and HBOMax. HEVC H-265 codec was always an option in HBOMax. But now you are able to enjoy a smaller file with great quality with the HEVC H265 codec on all Amazon channels and subscription channels. Make sure to press the okay button at the bottom of the page after making your selection.

1501.jpg

Last edited:
Great news.
Just to be sure, AVC CVBR was the standard until now? Just so I can download the same format as before.
Since I am not sure about HEVC playback, I will have to see what devices even support it. VLC is very laggy for some reason.

Another question since I won't be able to see the interface till tomorrow: Is the dropdown for AVC and HEVC still in the configuration window (as known from HBO) or only in the settings window now? Because I don't want to go into the settings every time I want to grab both variants.

Great news.
Just to be sure, AVC CVBR was the standard until now? Just so I can download the same format as before.
Since I am not sure about HEVC playback, I will have to see what devices even support it. VLC is very laggy for some reason.

Another question since I won't be able to see the interface till tomorrow: Is the dropdown for AVC and HEVC still in the configuration window (as known from HBO) or only in the settings window now? Because I don't want to go into the settings every time I want to grab both variants.
Great post Deepspace. As for support, Microsoft Movies and TV has support along with most software players. Most new TVs also have support for the H265 codec. VLC and most all have support. If you use an off-the-wall player it would be good to try it out first. There are many codec packages that can be downloaded to your computer to support this codec. It saves about 50% of the storage space than the AVC codec, with wonderful quality.

Great news.

I have had Plex issues with HEVC with some stuff. So I have stuck to AVC for anything not natively HEVC. In all transparency though the issues tended to be when I took a DVD and converted it to HEVC.

The space savings is very real. This is very nice. 5 episodes of a show from AMC+ with HEVC CBVR is 14.8 gigs so far. The same 5 episodes with AVC CBVR take up 22.9 gigs. Over time that's going to save quite a bit of space with no quality loss.

As for HEVC, if you do anything with UHD, you're good with using HEVC. That's what UHD uses. As do most streaming services that support 4K. All my personal stuff is HEVC now, as well.

I know about codec packs, but VLC should be able to play it but has issues unless I set it to OpenGL or whatever it was.

And I cannot install a CodecPack on a TV. As I have already mentioned before, the 4k TV from my Dad is unable to play AC3, I always had to convert it to AAC.

Also, my grandpa won't be able to play it at all I would say. So although I am happy to see this feature, I will have to see if I can use it. If not, I just buy another harddrive lol ;)

The main thing that this accomplished is choice. You can have what you always had. The AVC codec. But now you can choose to save storage space with the H265 codec HEVC and have the same or even in some instances better quality. I am stoked.;)

CodecPacks are evil. LOL On a PC LAV Video is the way to go.
Sometimes the K-Lite pack saved my butt, on a few things but in general, I wouldn't call them evil:) It's a matter of choice. You can download the HEVC codec from the Microsoft Store for .99 cents US.

But now you can choose to save storage spac
That's why I will check it out. Not for me, but when I want to watch it on his TV for example. Then the storage would be a thing.

As for the Codec Packs, I already used the K-lite because the explorer details tab was not showing anything for specific files without it. But since VLC has it's own codecs, I actually never tried to set VLC to use the codec :sweat:

Big fan of HEVC which allows me to fit about 30% more on my storage devices, thanks massively for this and I'm sure these options will be well greeted

HEVC works well with my TV & Apple TV, only thing I can't airplay HEVC with Infuse but still worth it as I rarely airplay anything

I don't use CBR at all, I'll doubt many will stick with CBR as they won't see any difference for much smaller CVBR, but hey it's still nice with options (y)

Big fan of HEVC which allows me to fit about 30% more on my storage devices, thanks massively for this and I'm sure these options will be well greeted

HEVC works well with my TV & Apple TV, only thing I can't airplay HEVC with Infuse but still worth it as I rarely airplay anything

I don't use CBR at all, I'll doubt many will stick with CBR as they won't see any difference for much smaller CVBR, but hey it's still nice with options (y)
Posted by BoomKapoow
I don't use CBR at all, I'll doubt many will stick with CBR as they won't see any difference for a much smaller CVBR
Yup, me too but to each his own, this has been a request for a very long time and now it's here. Celebrate and enjoy BK.

Just in the event you guys have not noticed yet. For that change to take effect you do have to restart AS.
That is a bit odd as there was a dropdown for HBO. I don't mind for now as I have no idea if I can use it, but it makes no sense to restart it every time.
I would like to request to reverse this change and make it available in the download configuration dialog again, like it was for HBO. But, on the other hand, keep the current behavior for all the users that only want to use HEVC or CBR, like ever. They won't want to have the dropdown at all and prefer the new way with a permanent setting.

Of course I know it's only the first beta, these are just the first thoughts I have about it.

Back