• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

change E-mail on about page

Well it only reminds you when a full version is available, not for every BETA. I'm not aware of any program that lets you ignore for 1 version then reminds you on the next, doesn't seem practical, and as you said you only update when you have a problem, so not sure why turning it off isn't an option as you would be reminded to update next time you hit a disc with a problem.

Yes and no. The issue is that because anyDVD doesn't have and automatic or even non-manual update process it becomes a pain to click on the link, ...
So lets add an update function.

@James

That would be sweet :) Though i'd recommend it to be a an update to the existing notification where it would state

"A new AnyDVD version x.x.x.x is available.
Would you like to update?
<Yes> <No> <Ask me later>

Yes: Anydvd downloads new version & updates
No: AnyDVD doesn't download nor ask again, until the next MANUAL update or followup release
Ask me later: Asks to update agian in a few days or a week

I can otherwise already see users complaining about the forced automatic update if they're not given a choice if and when they'd want to update.

I'd love it to automatically update. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want it to automatically update. But even a update procedure that was just press one button and it takes care of the rest would be great too.

I don't think a fully automatic update would be a good idea unless maybe there's a license validity check in the process. Otherwise a fully automated update could result in license expired after an update if their license had just expired. I personally think the method I listed above would be the best one. Naturally if you clicked yes, then anydvd would download and update without any further user interaction.

At that point I'd even love it if it would start minimized in system tray and not open the main window as it does now. If there's 1 annoyance I have with anydvd it's that one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

Updates sometimes required a reboot. Personally, I dislike sitting down at my computer to do some work only to find a wonderful notice that a reboot is required due to an update and it doesn't matter what software it was. I have automatic updates disabled in Windows 10, as well. If automatic updating becomes a feature then @James please add in a checkbox to disable it.

Spend your time on issues with decryption and not making the software fancier. I remember a time when it was on me to update my own.

@Davis it's still that time.
@DrinkLyeAndDie reboots I haven't need to do one in ages. in the event that a reboot would be required after an update, I assume James would be smart enough to let the user decide when to do that. Nobody wants a forced reboot you can't stop or postpone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

[USER=379]@DrinkLyeAndDie reboots I haven't need to do one in ages. in the event that a reboot would be required after an update, I assume James would be smart enough to let the user decide when to do that. Nobody wants a forced reboot you can't stop or postpone.[/USER]

[USER=50959]@Ch3vr0n
It's infrequent to require it, no doubt, but it does happen. Regardless, sometimes I get back to my computer and the first thing I plan to do is copy a disc. I don't want to have to reboot first. So, okay, James adds in a check or whatever. Isn't this just making everything more complex? Frankly, I agree with Davis. I'm against adding the feature at all but if it is added then make an option to turn it off.

I'm not a developer let alone an employee so my opinion doesn't amount to much but I'm still adding my two cents. :)

PS: I also don't have a system that boots up in 2 seconds so I reboot as little as possible. The days of that will be over very soon, thankfully.[/USER]

Bumblebee would DL and install updates to AnyDVDHD for you.
Maybe they could bring something similar back. And also let that transfer logs and Meta data to RedFox and Elby devs privately. Since that may be the only way some will.

@everybody, I get notified of update to final versions all the time. Whats up with you guys LOL
The real discussion is the addition built-in update download and install functionality. Some people want to avoid the need to go and manually download, install, etc. Others want to be able to tell the update notification to go away.

I, too, always received official/final update notifications.

True but now there will be no more e-mail notifications, because they want to keep their e-mail server systems clean. Which means notifications from anydvd only. So enhanced functionality could be nice. AnyDVD would still notify you. Just with my suggested <yes><no><remind me later> option on that notification you will now also have the ability to have it update, or not, or remind you again later. It still won't update until you tell it to.

True but now there will be no more e-mail notifications, because they want to keep their e-mail server systems clean. Which means notifications from anydvd only. So enhanced functionality could be nice. AnyDVD would still notify you. Just with my suggested <yes><no><remind me later> option on that notification you will now also have the ability to have it update, or not, or remind you again later. It still won't update until you tell it to.
I meant that AnyDVD always lets me know through the program and not via email.

My perspective is that AnyDVD has always been about being small but complex with pinpoint focus. Adding extra code and functionality can add to size, etc.

Regardless, as noted earlier, in the end all decisions are up to the developers.

Back