• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Change DVD menu

Picouze

I own a DVD which subtitles don't work. There is a bug in the DVD menu (no way to change subtitles).

I'd like to copy the DVD on my PC hard disk and modify the menu myself, to get subtitles back alive.

Is there a software able to do that?

Thank you

Most DVD burning software copies the data onto your PC somewhere......usually in a Temp file. Shrink will do what you want and permit you to select where you want to save the data.

But....If the subtitles aren't there on the copy to begin with, then you're "up the creek..."

Re:

Thanks it works: I can see the 6 subtitles available per Title.

However, how can I change the Menu to take into account these subtitles? They're all already "checked" and are available, but the DVD player does not let me set any subtitle (ie go from "No subtitle" to something else, like English).

It's a bug in the menu of the DVD (Simpsons season 5, disc 3).

If you used Shrink and if the subtitles show then they will be on the copy. Your problem seems to lie with your DVD Player.

The DVD player had no problem so far reading any kind of DVD.

The problem lies in the DVD menu: there is no way to activate any subtitle from the menu (a "languages" link is missing seemingly) and the "Subtitle change" button is disabled during the movie performance.

Well, to make it simpler: you've got a nice car, the key, ready to go... Unfortunately the manufacturer forgot to install the starter and you cannot put your key anywhere. The car is the movie with subtitles, the key is the remote controller, but there is no "language" menu and the "subtitles" button does not work from the remote controller.

The DVD player had no problem so far reading any kind of DVD.

The problem lies in the DVD menu: there is no way to activate any subtitle from the menu (a "languages" link is missing seemingly) and the "Subtitle change" button is disabled during the movie performance.

Well, to make it simpler: you've got a nice car, the key, ready to go... Unfortunately the manufacturer forgot to install the starter and you cannot put your key anywhere. The car is the movie with subtitles, the key is the remote controller, but there is no "language" menu and the "subtitles" button does not work from the remote controller.

Hello Picouze,

I do not know anything about DVD authoring, but that is what it sounds like you need to do.
However, have you tried another disc? The original disc? You may have to borrow one from a friend or movie rental place to see if their original disc does the same thing. Hopefully for you, it is your disc, and not all of them.

Bilbo said "If the subtitles aren't there on the copy to begin with"

Is this disc you are talking about a copy, or the original? If it is a copy, then it may just be your disc. If it is the original, you need to compare it to another original. If you purchased the set, you may even be able to contact the Manufacturer, and they will replace it. I am sure if it is a Nationwide defect, you are not the only one with this concern . . . especially if the subtitles are critical to your viewing needs.

I will check to see if I have the Simpsons S5D3. If so, I will check to see if I have the same problem.

I am sure somebody else here has this same disc and is willing to provide feedback on this subjct . . . ?

Adobe Encore is a popular DVD authoring program, but rather pricey. I believe Nero has advanced DVD authoring tools now too. I wish I had the patience to try and figure it out, but I don't have the time either.

Good luck on your quest for subtitle satisfaction. I personally leave them out. I like the loud noise! :)

Back