• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ch3vr0n

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not like having the forum cut off on discussing why new user are getting the same discount as lifetime owner of old program. Before you cut it off Redfox should justify their position. If Ch3vron is not working for Redfox how does he have the power cut off discussing a subject.

It's been asked and answered several times now.

The reason for this, is that the "special" discount for previous LTL holders required manual verification by support.
The 50% types are already creaming support with their requests.
Now since nearly all of the sign-ups in the near future will be previous licensees anyway - it made logistic sense to open the floodgate and let the automated system handle the 20% discount.
And the automated system cannot distinguish old users from new users. Us old users were gonna get 20% anyway. No skin off our nose.
Yes - I get the "feeling thing"....

-W

PS: Don't use your real name as a posting handle. (just not a good idea) :)

Last edited:
It's been asked and answered several times now.

The reason for this, is that the "special" discount for previous LTL holders required manual verification by support.
The 50% types are already creaming support with their requests.
Now since nearly all of the sign-ups in the near future will be previous licensees anyway - it made logistic sense to open the floodgate and let the automated system handle the 20% discount.
And the automated system cannot distinguish old users from new users. Us old users were gonna get 20% anyway. No skin off our nose.
Yes - I get the "feeling thing"....

-W

PS: Don't use your real name as a posting handle. (just not a good idea) :)

It really isn't all that difficult, since RedFox has access to the existing customer database they could either automate the process by requiring customers input their old license information OR they could send an automated email, with a unique coupon code, to qualifying customers.

It has always amazed me that people get upset when others get the same advantage they do. Game theory has shown people will purposely lose money if it keep others from winning any money, too. Winning $20 is great, as long as the guy next to you gets nothing. Very sad.

Why does he have the power. Because he is a Mod. That is one of the powers granted to any Mod on any site to keep control before it gets into chaos. Actually this is a very lenient site, some posters on other sites get a weeks vacation, or a complete ban.

It really isn't all that difficult, since RedFox has access to the existing customer database they could either automate the process by requiring customers input their old license information OR they could send an automated email, with a unique coupon code, to qualifying customers.

You are assuming that DO have access to the very old database.
It's my understanding that some of that stuff is "in the wind" or at least "very hard to try to track" without some manual sleuthing.
And again 95+% of the buys in this are re-ups. Someone sneaks in - so what?
-W

It has always amazed me that people get upset when others get the same advantage they do. Game theory has shown people will purposely lose money if it keep others from winning any money, too. Winning $20 is great, as long as the guy next to you gets nothing. Very sad.

People tend to forget that Redfox did not come into their house to chat.
They came into Redfox's house.
-W

No I'm a paying customer using a site that is supported by me. I think Redfox can do better then cut off discussions on it site when it's not going their way.
Also I think the justification of not giving a better discount to old users than new is very weak!

Why do I have the power? It's called moderator status
Why do I do it? Because everything that can be said, has been said these past weeks leading up to the sales starting. Nobody likes what happened. There have been dozens of topics about it. The time for debating and asking for more discounts is over, that's not going to happen. The options are clear and the user has a choice.

That's all I'm going to say about it. If you are a paying customer, we thank you. If not, well thank you too.

Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back