• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Censorship

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterfixit

Suddenly I get the message "You have insufficient privileges to reply here." in the RedFox addresses SlySoft license concerns thread. Why am I not allowed to post in that thread? Is it because I stated that LTLs should be honored?

Last edited:
Never mind. I see that the thread has been locked. Anyway I was going to reply to DrinkLyeAndDie's post:

When RedFox has official announcements with concrete information to the remaining unanswered questions it will be posted."

I doubt we will have all remaining questions answered.

Last edited:
It was out of control and had to be stopped. I was called a pirate, a liar, conspiracy theories were dominating the thread....they gave people multiple warnings yet it continued. IMO they did the right thing. They acknowledged reading the realistic pricing ideas presented and taking them into account. Fair enuff for me :)

All the accusations were one of the reasons i had it locked, that and it had gone off-topic one time too many. I was done having to repeat myself over and over. People were warned, people didn't listen, actions had to be taken both to prevent it from going off topic again as well as to prevent further accusations/conspiracies about anything again. It could have remained open much longer if people had listened, now people can only read. If i have more info i'll have it updated but until then...

I really think you should honor original LTL, I've heard the conspiracies that you did this re-branding you get out of honoring LTLs, but I don't claim to know anything. Regardless I think LTL should be honored and the team focus on cracking aacs 2.0 and release a product called AnyDVD UHD or 4k or something while you release this without LTL license possibility. That would be the sensible thing to do.

Also I suppose it's only updates you lose after x years of license? And you can still crack all licenses you would be able to crack up till that point? If not I will never purchase a Redfox product.

Sorry you feel that way. But the company you bought that license from is out of business and the developers picked up the slack for this, do you think they can start a company from the ground up without compensation? Slysoft is dead. Its so dead is cold already. RedFox is here now. They hope you change your mind.

Sorry you feel that way. But the company you bought that license from is out of business and the developers picked up the slack for this, do you think they can start a company from the ground up without compensation? Slysoft is dead. Its so dead is cold already. RedFox is here now. They hope you change your mind.

If that truly is the case and all with the downfall of Slysoft is as presented I am very sympathetic and think it's compassionate you even honor any licenses at this time. However I don't understand how you legally have got hand on everything you have right now if it's just a bunch of developers from Slysoft with no real ownership or administrative roles in Slysoft.

From what we heard recently after Slysoft shut down I did expect a developer or two to branch out and take up this market, however I didn't expect a AnyDVD plain out 100% clone to popup right after, which is why I am skeptical.

I purchased LTLs for anydvdhd, clonecd and clonedvd. I purchased the anydvdhd although I have never used the bluray part. I paid a premium for the programs. I don't care if slysoft is cold. The same people are running redfox without the figurehead. Most probably have full time jobs and work on anydvdhd part time. Me, I am disabled. I don't believe I should have to buy anydvd again.

Maybe I'm naïve but I don't understand how they're starting from the ground up when they have the source code, customer database, and existing infrastructure.

Source code an a customer database is one thing, that's nothing if you don't have the financial means to continue developing, pay OPD server costs, pay support and maintenance people,... And then there's seo, slysoft had a well known reputation in regards to anydvd, RedFox doesn't.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Once people will all finally come to realize that Slysoft is dead, and that the employees were not paid money owed to them... Then they will understand. The key question is: People, do you want AnyDvd HD to continue to exist as a product? If you say YES, then the people who will keep the product alive, have to find a way to get paid for their work. IMHO, the only viable for people to get paid for their work, will be through a yearly subscription. A yearly subscription will benefit both the customers and the product developers, and will limit the loss that a customer could suffer if they pay a huge amount for a LTL, and face another '' hypothetical'' shutdown of Redfox, din the future, due to the film industry continuing harrassment. I.m paying a yearly subscription for Moviecollector. The product is great, the support is excellent, and the developpers are getting paid for their work. Yearly sub is the only way to go.

Sorry if i'm out of topic, but i had to vent a little steam after reading the locked thread....

Source code an a customer database is one thing, that's nothing if you don't have the financial means to continue developing, pay OPD server costs, pay support and maintenance people,... And then there's seo, slysoft had a well known reputation in regards to anydvd, RedFox doesn't.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
SEO - come on now. If you google Slysoft Redfox is right at the top. I imagine everyone and their brother who uses anydvd knows that it is now Redfox. The same people are running Redfox. Honor the LTLs.

I think it's shortsighted to believe a yearly sub is the only way to go. The LTL seemed to work just fine for SlySoft so why wouldn't it work for RedFox? If customers had to purchase a new license but RedFox offered a LTL option it would lessen the backlash. If they're not going to honor the LTL, which they should, they should offer an LTL option which would provide an infusion of cash flow to RedFox and provide a compromise for all parties. Given RedFox has tried to go underground, so to speak, it would be very difficult for the film industry to successfully harass the people behind RedFox.

In terms of Movie Collectorz, they might have changed their licensing plans but they continued to honor any previously sold LTL.

I beg to differ, but i respect your opinion. Redfox employees are trying to resurrect a dead product. If theres no cash flow through the years. the product will cease to exist. Simply. I for one, will not buy an LTL again as i dont believe that this business model to be viable, (and more and more software companies seems to agree with me).

I am very proud of all the Team Members of Redfox. I believe that they are doing what is right in rectifying a mistake on old leadership. That being said I say this "It takes money, to make money" New servers, new database, new company. I am ok on buying a license. Just hope it becomes easier to keep the torrent sites from exploiting the software. Keys were too easy to manipulate. I also hope it is easier to purchase one, not everybody lives in europe.

I purchased LTLs for anydvdhd, clonecd and clonedvd. I purchased the anydvdhd although I have never used the bluray part. I paid a premium for the programs. I don't care if slysoft is cold.
CloneCD & CloneDVD licenses will work.

The same people are running redfox without the figurehead.
Some of the same, yes.

Most probably have full time jobs and work on anydvdhd part time.
Haha, I wish. Keeping AnyDVD & Co. up and running is a full time job. Doing it now for many years.

Me, I am disabled.
Me, I already regret having agreed to continue as RedFox.

I don't believe I should have to buy anydvd again.
Well, then don't.

Please don't regret it @James forgotten about the 12+ page long sticky that happened in less than a week? Seems to me that now that RedFox is up and running, and a little bit on the licensing is known, more people that previously kept quiet have come out of the woodwork to spew bial. I'm sure that everyone that posted support in that topic still feels the same. I'm confident that once the licensing system is in place, exact pricing is known and the compensation many will either eat their word or show support anyway.

RedFox has mine either way every time.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back