• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cd rom not compatable error

user1007

Hi, Anyone with any ideas as to why I get an error telling me that my CD rom is incompatibe with cloneCD when I attempt to write the copy from a 1st instance of clonecd however if I then run a 2nd instance (without closing the 1st) and write the file that was created in the first it writes okay? Thanks

Evening
Yes,i had similar error messages and others as well.
I was totally confused at the time
I thought at first it was the discs i was using(Verbatim)
I have never,ever had problems with these discs.I have been using them for 5 years.
I tried another brand(Imation).Perfect results.
I then tried another Verbatim from a different batch.I could not make copies.
This is just not possible,i thought
I have now reverted to an earlier version of CloneCD using Verbatim discs.Perfect results,in fact i am listening to it now.
I will continue to monitor the problem and see if the problem returns with other Verbatim discs.
Hope this helps.
Earlier copies of Clone are available from FileHippo
Regards

Okay - Thanks

Mods.....how do I go about reporting this as a bug or has that already been done.

PS below is what I get for the 1st instance then the 2nd instance. Please note that the compatibel RAW-DAO / SAO is no in the 1st but yes in the second.

Thanks

1st instance
Device Capabilities:
Note: This information is provided by the unit, it might be inaccurate. CloneCD does not use this information!
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: DVDRAM GSA-H10N
Revision: JH04
Can read CD-R Discs: Yes
Can read CD-RW Discs: Yes
Can read DVD Discs: Yes
Can read MultiSession Discs: Yes
Can read Digital Audio Discs: Yes
Digital Audio Data is accurate: Yes
Can write CD-R Discs: Yes
Can write CD-RW Discs: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-DAO: No
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO: No
Supports Buffer Underrun Protection: Yes

2nd instance
Device Capabilities:
Note: This information is provided by the unit, it might be inaccurate. CloneCD does not use this information!
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-DAO: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-DAO Write Simulation: Yes
Supports writing of CD+G RAW-DAO: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO Write Simulation: Yes

Hi, Anyone with any ideas as to why I get an error telling me that my CD rom is incompatibe with cloneCD when I attempt to write the copy from a 1st instance of clonecd however if I then run a 2nd instance (without closing the 1st) and write the file that was created in the first it writes okay? Thanks

Answer questions (or do) 5, 15, 17, 18, and 19 from this link please:
click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9352

Thanks Webslinger - loading imageburner solve it - cheers

Yep, it must have change some registry settings. See below 1st instance settings now.

It worked so I'm not complaining lol!!!

Device Capabilities:
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-DAO: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-DAO Write Simulation: Yes
Supports writing of CD+G RAW-DAO: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO Write Simulation: Yes

You can ignore this message. You won't see it, if you don't insert a disc in the drive when CloneCD starts.

Sorry, James, but I don't quite understand your wording. :eek:

If you have a DVD media in the drive while CloneCD starts, you might see this message. It is best to start CloneCD with no media in the drive.

If you have a DVD media in the drive while CloneCD starts, you might see this message. It is best to start CloneCD with no media in the drive.

Alright. Thank you. :) I thought this was what you meant but wasn't certain.

Back