• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CD drives with abillity to fast skip bad sectors?

Bachsau

Unfortunately I still have some old discs with bad sector protection but my current disc drive is not able to support CloneCD's fast-skip bad sectors feature. Years ago, the drive manufacturer Plextor was known widely for explicitly supporting this feature. But Plextor is no longer producing CD/DVD drives and I don't know what drives to buy now.

Is there a unique name for the feature to look for, a list, or any other way to know if a drive can fast-skip bad sectors before I buy and try it?

Thanks in advance

i think you have disks with safedisk protection?
plextor is a nice brand ..but when it comes to fast error skipping ..liteon drives were still the best that days ...i own several liteon and plextor drives !
try to search the net on safedisk protection! there are several ways to beat that protection..

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I'm still having several SafeDisc 2 protected discs that I want to archive. I know there are ways to circumvent the checks at runtime, but I'd rather have perfect copies because the original discs are starting to deteriorate and some even have the checks in their setup routines.

I will try LiteOn then. I remember an old LiteOn drive that was not able to skip fast, but maybe this changed with the current models.

Back