• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cd copies won't play

Kathryn_T

Hi Guys.... Problem .... Copied Audio CDs play fine on my PC and in the stereo in my car (but that plays anything, including MP3s) but my portable CD player and home stereo will not play them.
Any ideas???

Some portable CD players wont entertain CD-R discs.

What discs are supported according to the instruction manual of the portable CD player?
If CD-R's are supported, then try a different brand of blank disc.

Thanks Mike... tried writing the image file on to some "cheapie" chinese CDRs and they play fine!..... Go figure! :clap:
Off to the shops now to buy some more! 8)

xoxo (love your signature by the way.... it's correct... just a backup!)

For the information of you guys that might know why this happens....
I find when I burn the CDs on my DVD Drive rather than CD-only drive, they play on my portable device without a problem.
I tried this because commercial audio CDs are mechanically pressed, and there are differences in the actual spots that record the data compare with a burner,
My DVD drive is newer in both age and technology, and perhaps it produces a finished disc much closer to the commercial, mechanically processed ones.
Perhaps this is why some brands of CD produce easily readable audio CDs with a particular drive, and others do not.
Feasible??? :D

xoxo.

Back