• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CBR

Wow... let's deal with the easy parts first: virtually all streaming providers separate audio and video streams, so your last para is just utterly irrelevant.

Now the penultimate paragraph is a bit more difficult... Where did I say that FPS has anything to do with VBR or CBR??? Seriously, where??? Reading comprehension is really going downhill... If you're going to be arguing a point, can you at least bother to read what is written and comprehend it? As for 1001/24000 itself, here comes some maths and physics... As you recall, period of a wave is 1/frequency (basic school physics). So if the film frequency is 24000/1001 FPS, the period of each frame (which is the point I was making, if you actually bothered to read!) is 1/(24000/1001) seconds, or if you recall your elementary maths 1/(n/d) is equivalent to simply d/n, so you get your 1001/24000 seconds. What gave you the impression that it related to VBR/CBR is simply beyond me.

Now the difficult part... Go look at mediainfo's source code; the peak bitrate is computed, here's a computed output from ffmpeg using ffmpeg_bitrate_stats for the same file:-
Code:
   "stream_type": "video",
    "avg_fps": 23.976,
    "num_frames": 69385,
    "avg_bitrate": 13359.827,
    "avg_bitrate_over_chunks": NaN,
    "max_bitrate": 31134.355,
    "min_bitrate": 9.811,
    "max_bitrate_factor": 2.33,

You want to find out how ffmpeg_bitrate_stats computes max_bitrate, it's on github!

Anything else?

We are done...I don't deal with moron's that feel their only role is to attack and insult others....You're BLOCKED.

We are done...I don't deal with moron's that feel their only role is to attack and insult others....You're BLOCKED.

Another temper-tantrum after being shown to be wrong... Oh, by the way, it's "morons" without the apostrophe, it's the plural form!

Last edited:
We should all calm down a bit. Especially in the computer world there is more than black and white or this is better than that because that all depends on ones perception.
Although from pure simple logic and GENERALLY speaking a VBR should have a better quality because of the bits distribution.
But I wouldn't be so presumptuous to say that is always the case. Given a high enough bitrate and/or encoding complexity CBR would be the same in quality or even better. E.g if I use the Ultrafast preset for the VBR and the VerySlow for the CBR, I'm pretty sure the CBR would look better on the same filesize.
That might have been done on Amazon... only the reasons are not quite clear.
If the bitrate is really the same, one of the reasons I can think of is to put off the downloaders and recorders that rely on browser-technology :eek:

Here's the kicker: don't know about the other three, but Prime have different profiles for PC and Main Screen (TV). What the problem might be people watching streams designed for PC on their 75+" TV a metre away from it...

In any event, the CBR argument always revolves around stills and those stills being from low complexity scenes...

Back