Cause and Effect - side effects

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by rfielder, Feb 22, 2008.

1. rfielder

rfielder Well-Known Member

The battle is over, and Blu-Ray is the champ.

Does this mean Slysoft will be able to allocate more resources to cracking BD+ (and anything else that appears)?

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

I don't feel Blu-ray winning changes anything. Slysoft was committed to cracking BD+ anyway.

click http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1099973#post1099973

3. scmeis1

scmeis1 Well-Known Member

You know there are at least 2 or 3 other threads that complete address this. Why did you feel the need to start another?

4. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

Actually, although other BD Has Won threads exist the OP asked a question that is fine in a thread by itself, IMO.

5. rfielder

I am not questioning Slysoft's commitment.

I was wondering if the lack of HD-DVD means resources can be reassigned to cracking BD+.

Thanks to the moderator for validating that this is not a BD winning discussion - this is about Slysoft and what impact of the end of the format battle might have on them.

6. Webslinger

The protection on HD-DVDs was defeated, or at least, handled by Slysoft long ago anyway. I don't think Slysoft was working at all on HD-DVD. Consequently, since nothing has changed, I feel the answer to your question is no. James hasn't posted on these boards in over 10 days, and peer seems busy as well. If I were a gambling man, I'd probably bet that they are both working fervently on BD+ and some server side Slysoft java engine. But I'm just speculating, and I have no evidence that what I just wrote with respect to a lack of James' presence on these boards has anything to do with breaking BD+. But if someone were to ask me to guess what's going on, that's what I would guess.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  7. rfielder

It makes sense that efforts on HD-DVD were put to rest some time ago - I had not considered this.

Thanks!

8. Webslinger

Really, the only people that can answer your question properly are Slysoft employees or developers.

I'm just guessing.

9. profcolli

profcolli Well-Known Member

Early Spring Break? Maybe he's checking out all those babes on the beach...:rock: