• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cause and Effect - side effects

rfielder

The battle is over, and Blu-Ray is the champ.

Does this mean Slysoft will be able to allocate more resources to cracking BD+ (and anything else that appears)?

The battle is over, and Blu-Ray is the champ.

Does this mean Slysoft will be able to allocate more resources to cracking BD+ (and anything else that appears)?

You know there are at least 2 or 3 other threads that complete address this. Why did you feel the need to start another?

You know there are at least 2 or 3 other threads that complete address this. Why did you feel the need to start another?

Actually, although other BD Has Won threads exist the OP asked a question that is fine in a thread by itself, IMO.

I don't feel Blu-ray winning changes anything. Slysoft was committed to cracking BD+ anyway.
I am not questioning Slysoft's commitment.

I was wondering if the lack of HD-DVD means resources can be reassigned to cracking BD+.

Thanks to the moderator for validating that this is not a BD winning discussion - this is about Slysoft and what impact of the end of the format battle might have on them.

I was wondering if the lack of HD-DVD means resources can be reassigned to cracking BD+.

The protection on HD-DVDs was defeated, or at least, handled by Slysoft long ago anyway. I don't think Slysoft was working at all on HD-DVD. Consequently, since nothing has changed, I feel the answer to your question is no. James hasn't posted on these boards in over 10 days, and peer seems busy as well. If I were a gambling man, I'd probably bet that they are both working fervently on BD+ and some server side Slysoft java engine. But I'm just speculating, and I have no evidence that what I just wrote with respect to a lack of James' presence on these boards has anything to do with breaking BD+. But if someone were to ask me to guess what's going on, that's what I would guess.

Last edited:
The protection on HD-DVDs was defeated by Slysoft long ago anyway. I don't think Slysoft was working at all on HD-DVD. Consequently, since nothing has changed, I feel the answer to your question is no. James hasn't posted on these boards in over 10 days and peer seems busy as well. If I were a gambling man, I'd probably bet that they are both working fervently on BD+ and some Slysoft java engine. But I'm just speculating.
It makes sense that efforts on HD-DVD were put to rest some time ago - I had not considered this.

Thanks!

Really, the only people that can answer your question properly are Slysoft employees or developers.

I'm just guessing.

Back