• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Case is closed; RedFox/SlySoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Epley

I highlight two items from the Information screen for my current v7.6.9.5 installation:
1. Copyright 2016 RedFox
2. (due to my lifetime license purchased 7/3/2015), Free updates until: Forever

RedFox copyright and free updates forever. Those 2 items alone should mean RedFox is screwed, not me.

I won't have had my (alleged) lifetime license 1 year until 7/3/2016. I expect a lifetime license to be honored, irregardless of any company's internal /business problems. Any company's internal/business problems are it's problems; not to be made any customer's problem.
Especially customers who purchased a lifetime license in good faith of that license being honored, and especially in the case where a customer hasn't even had their "lifetime" license honored an entire year.

I believe a 1 year license at the time I purchased was something like $25 USD. Since I paid $105.63 for my (alleged) lifetime license in 7/2015, that math works out to 4.2252 years, or 4 years, 2 months, and about 21 days to recover my investment. Since I'm pissed off, let's just round that up to 5 years and be done with it.

So, either RedFox does a HELL of a lot more than a piddly 20% discount (about $25 USD), or I'll just stay where I am until I feel I've recovered my investment by July 2020. $25 isn't nearly enough to entice me to trust any company that screwed me; and yes, RedFox is screwing me given the items I highlighted from my Information screen.

of course, by 2020, I might not even have need of software to backup/rip DVDs/Blu-rays. However, if I still do, and a cheap enough 1 year license is available, that seems a wiser choice since RedFox could (allegedly) "go under" at any moment, leaving all its lifetime license customers paying for another (alleged) lifetime license to yet another "new" company. I understand RedFox is an (alleged) "new" company. However, I as a customer had nothing to do with SlySoft's internal/business problems, so I'm not "paying" for them now, if ever.

Nice opinion, Mr. Epley.

Too bad for you it is not one I happen to share.

Thanks for your input, being filed appropriately.

Plus 7.6.9.5 still works for 150,000 discs, you have what you paid for. You just wont have any updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back