• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Capture to my computer rather than DVD???

carver

I have CloneDVD and AnyDVD and they work fine for copying the DVDs that I want to copy to another DVD. My question is, is it possible to use those programs to copy the contents of a DVD to my computer so that I can import parts of that content into Window Movie Maker?

If I cannot use AnyDVD to capture a DVD to my computer, can you suggest an easy-to-do method to do that?

Last edited:
Sure you can, AnyDVD just right click the red fox and rip the DVD to where you specify.

Spanky,

Thanks for your reply. I am glad to know that I can capture to my computer rather than to another disk. However, I must not be be using AnyDVD and Clone DVD2 properly.

You said, "just click on the red fox and ..." I have never clicked on the red fox to copy a DVD. I have only used Clone DVD: Open Clone DVD2, make a few choices and it makes the copy.

When I double-click on the red fox an AnyDVD window opens. It has a pane for "drive selection" which I have never had to use. I thought that AnyDVD "worked in the background" and all I needed to do was to open Clone DVD. Could you please explain what I need to do with the AnyDVD window to capture to Desktop? Also, is it possible to capture just part of a DVD rather than all of it?

Many thanks for your help.

With AnyDVD you need to right click on the fox, then you'll see the rip to disk option.

If you just want part of the disk use CloneDVD on the third slide (screen) you can specify a drive location. Use the sissors when you choose the source under the preview screen and select just the part you want.

Clonedvd rips faster than Anydvd. If you own Clonedvd, it's better to use Clonedvd to rip, since you can remove unwanted material before ripping.

Capture to my comuter rather than DVD

Spanky and Webslinger,

Thanks to both of you for straightforward, helpful responses to my question. I appreciate your help very much. I wish that I had found you ages ago!

Back