Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by amazing, Jun 13, 2019.
This is going from DTS-HD to DD.
I tried to replicate this as it takes 3 hours to convert to AC3 but now both CloneBD (220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168) crashes so I can't submit a log. Dumps submitted by email.
I could find your bug report - as it seams, you only submitted the crash for v.22.214.171.124, not for the beta.
Whenever possible, please always submit for the latest version - can you please create another one with 126.96.36.199 and post it here?
That said - yours is a very unique crash that I have never seen before, not even similarily.
Apparently your D3D9.dll is somehow broken. At a specific positition 2 code bytes have been overwritten which causes a crash (illegal instruction).
Does the crash happen with all discs?
I can confirm the issue is happening with Alita: Battle Angel too. I submitted more dumps. I've tried to update/install directx through redists but no luck. Any advice because nothing else seems broken besides CloneBD?
I can confirm it also takes three hours to convert the audio on Captain Marvel with the latest beta.
I don't crash but I still have Captain Marvel taking over 3 hours to convert the audio to AC3. I did a partial copy to generate the log and it can be found above.
Yes, that is noted. It only seems to happen with that specific (US?) version of the movie, so so far we can't reproduce it, but it's being investigated.
Well, actually, it's not CloneBD, that is broken. After some further digging, we found the most probable cause.
A file called RTSSHooks64.dll was injected into CloneBD's process. As the name says, it hooks into processes and injects code that alters code flow. It's not an unknown technique, but if not done right, bad things happen.
If you search google for
You'll get numerous hits reporting all sorts of applications using directx in one or another way crashing away like mad, when this DLL is installed.
Apparently installed along with MSI Afterburner, the name is "Riva Tuner Statistics Server".
Get rid. All well. If not: enormous coincidence, let me know.
It is the 4K + BD US version sold at Walmart.
Note: the new beta 188.8.131.52 does NOT yet handle the speed issue, that is still being worked on.
Excellent. I can confirm closing Riva Tuner resolved my crash issue. It was recently updated so I guess a new issue.
I've uploaded a log of CloneBD taking 3 hours to process Captain Marvel. Settings are default. I'm an Nvidia user so CUDA hardware acceleration is in use. The video is kept lossless. The audio is set to AC3 640 kbps.
There's nothing wrong with the end MKV it just takes an abnormal length of time compared to everything else I've copied.
Really hope this helps.
Please try CloneBD 184.108.40.206
I can confirm this disc is fixed. Thank you.
Separate names with a comma.