• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't update or un-install AnyDVD

RayC

Hi everyone. I have been using AnyDVD for almost a year without any problems. Recently, I encountered a hardware problem on my hard drive. CheckDisk fixed it and removed some bad sectors. this has caused a problem with AnyDVD. I now cannot update when a new release comes out. It says
"Can't write C:\Program Files\Slysoft\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe". After several tries, rebooting, etc. I looked through the FAQ and forums and didn't see anything about this problem. I then verified I still had my registration key, and attempted to un-install AnyDVD and re-load. Windows un-install couldn't remove it. It comes up with "Can't delete file C:\Program files\Slysoft\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe. The program may be in use."
It is not in use. It's not showing on my toolbar, or when I look at the task manager.
Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Ray

Try booting into safe mode and uninstalling AnyDVD from there.

Thanks d.chatten!!

That seems to have worked. I have been able to re-install and re-register. I will put it to the test later tonight.
Ray

Back