• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

can't unmount images

grindo

I'm using Windows 7 x64 and when i click eject on an image to disk it says
BD-ROM G:\ is currently in use.
Save any open files on the disc and then close the files or program using the files before ejecting the disc.

I'm thinking it maybe a 64bit problem as eject works fine on my laptop that running windows 7 32bit.

Any ideas? Thanks

Not a 64bit issue as eject works fine for me on multiple systems under 64bit Win 7

I'm using Windows 7 x64 and when i click eject on an image to disk it says
BD-ROM G:\ is currently in use.
Save any open files on the disc and then close the files or program using the files before ejecting the disc.

I'm thinking it maybe a 64bit problem as eject works fine on my laptop that running windows 7 32bit.

Any ideas? Thanks

Eject won't unmount unless you told Vcd to do this in Vcd prefs.

Eject won't unmount unless you told Vcd to do this in Vcd prefs.

well it does on my windows 7 32bit and i didn't change any options.

I enabled it and still doesn't work.

Same issue

I found that the "Eject" option left the ISO file locked by "system" but if I unmounted the ISO file using the VCD options instead, then the ISO file was fully released and could be deleted or moved without issue. I am not entirely sure why eject does not do this automatically, as a physical optical drive's eject function does fully release the optical media.

No issues with eject here, when I eject the image unmounts and I can do what I like with the ISO file, move it, delete it or rename it

Last edited:
No issues with eject here, when I eject the image unmounts and I can do what I like with the ISO file, move it, delete it or rename it

... if you have "eject unmounts disc" enabled in VCD prefs.

I found that the "Eject" option left the ISO file locked by "system" but if I unmounted the ISO file using the VCD options instead, then the ISO file was fully released and could be deleted or moved without issue. I am not entirely sure why eject does not do this automatically, as a physical optical drive's eject function does fully release the optical media.

Not really, imagine this:

You have an optical disc with a tray. You open it (eject). The tray opens, but the media is still in the tray. You close the tray (there is even a menu item for this if you install VCD, and it works with all optical drives), and the disc is back.

VCD behaves exactly the same (and the image file is still locked!) as long as the disk is present in the opened drive tray. To remove it, you unmount it, either within explorer, the notification icon or the VDMount command line tool.

This is useful for software which programatically opens / closes the drive tray.

This behaviour can be modified with VCD prefs.

Hmmm

Yes, I can see your reasoning, but in practise, when you press the eject button, your intention is to do something with the media. With the tray open, you can move the CD to another location, or you can remove it and shred it. So to provide the same functionality in a virtual CD, when you select eject, I would argue that you should also be able to "move" the ISO file or delete (shred) it. This is not the way it works by default.
With a real CD, you need to cause the tray to load again if you want to re-read the CD, so with a virtual one, once ejected, you need to "load" the ISO again.
So I trust you will also appreciate where I am coming from.....

Yes, I can see your reasoning, but in practise, when you press the eject button, your intention is to do something with the media. With the tray open, you can move the CD to another location, or you can remove it and shred it. So to provide the same functionality in a virtual CD, when you select eject, I would argue that you should also be able to "move" the ISO file or delete (shred) it. This is not the way it works by default.
With a real CD, you need to cause the tray to load again if you want to re-read the CD, so with a virtual one, once ejected, you need to "load" the ISO again.
So I trust you will also appreciate where I am coming from.....

Sure. Hence the checkbox in Vcd prefs.

Back