• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

can't start other programs

corumeach

Hi guys,

I'd love to buy AnyDVD and CloneDVD but I experienced the following problem when using the trial versions AnyDVD 6.1.7.4 and CloneDVD 2.9.1.2. I also tried AnyDVD 6.1.8.4. but had the same results as described here:

Trials installed perfectly and I rebooted. Afterwards I could rip and burn any DVD I wanted and was very happy for a couple of days :)
Then, suddenly, after starting my computer, I tried to open applications like Firefox, Internet Explorer, TuneUp Utilities and others and they just didn't appear on my screen. Checking the Task Manager I could see the programs were running, but I just couldn't use them as Windows didn't show them to me anywhere. Other programs like MS Word for example, worked well.

After several restarts (even as admin and in secure mode) I managed to uninstall anyDVD (I found that CloneDVD didn't cause the trouble when installed without AnyDVD) and on the next restart, all browsers and programs worked properly again.

I'm using Windows XP professional version 2002 + service pack 2.
I can't test the trial version anmore as 21 days have passed now. I will buy the licence key only if anyDVD works properly on my system without blocking other software (at least software that has nothing to do with burnign or ripping dvds/cds).

Any help on this issue? Couldn't find a similar topic on the forum yet.

Thanks a lot,
Bo

That's because Anydvd nor Clonedvd block other programs from running that are installed on your computer.

Trials installed perfectly and I rebooted. Afterwards I could rip and burn any DVD I wanted and was very happy for a couple of days
Then, suddenly, after starting my computer, I tried to open applications like Firefox, Internet Explorer, TuneUp Utilities and others and they just didn't appear on my screen.

Since nothing changed in your useage of Anydvd and Clonedvd nor did you update either program within that time frame, the issue here has absolutely nothing to do with Anydvd nor Clonedvd.

After several restarts (even as admin and in secure mode) I managed to uninstall anyDVD (I found that CloneDVD didn't cause the trouble when installed without AnyDVD) and on the next restart, all browsers and programs worked properly again.

Yeah, sorry, your claim here is coincidental at best.

Last edited:
@ corumeach,

Welcome to the Forum.

You are experience some type of Windows Operating System conflict error problem.

Suggest reviewing the below Microsoft Web link and use the Doctor Watson program to trouble shoot your Windows Operating System problem ->

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...roddocs/en-us/drwatson_overview.mspx?mfr=true

If you are unsuccessful in having Doctor Watson identifying your Windows Operating System conflict error problem then suggest performing a Windows XP Repair Install to correct your Windows Operating System error->

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Regards,
Coaster

Take a look about spyware (use a², ad aware or spybot), or virus on your HDD.

This is probably a conflict with another program on your OS. With thousands of programs this is something you may have to sort out. Since noone else is reporting any issues like this I have to assume that the problem lies elsewhere.:agree:

Hi guys,

Trials installed perfectly and I rebooted. Afterwards I could rip and burn any DVD I wanted and was very happy for a couple of days :)
Then, suddenly, after starting my computer, I tried to open applications like Firefox, Internet Explorer, TuneUp Utilities and others and they just didn't appear on my screen. Checking the Task Manager I could see the programs were running, but I just couldn't use them as Windows didn't show them to me anywhere. Other programs like MS Word for example, worked well.

I'm using Windows XP professional version 2002 + service pack 2.
I can't test the trial version anmore as 21 days have passed now. I will buy the licence key only if anyDVD works properly on my system without blocking other software (at least software that has nothing to do with burnign or ripping dvds/cds).

Thanks a lot,
Bo

Bo, I can assure you that AnyDVD, CloneDVD or CloneCD will not cause that problem. I also have XP Pro 2002 SP2 and use Firefox and Thunderbird without any problem. I have used IE without problems although I prefer Firefox. I do not have TuneUp Utilities so the only possible conflict could be with that although I can't think of why it would.

Back