• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't rip Universal MOD Blu-ray disc - read error sectors

tandem85

Tried ripping The Producers (2005) Universal MOD Blu-ray with AnyDVD 8.3.9.2 and I'm getting the read error sectors halfway through the process.

Anything I should try?

Anything I should try?
You mean like providing a log file? ;)

Is that MOD from Amazon or some other place?
Oh, and it would help, if you can say which sectors had read errors (or at least some of them), so we know where to look.

Tried ripping The Producers (2005) Universal MOD Blu-ray with AnyDVD 8.3.9.2 and I'm getting the read error sectors halfway through the process.

Anything I should try?
Please post an AnyDVD logfile.

Here it is!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.9.2_Info_F_The Producers_4C5CCBBF_E64B74A2.ziplog
    524.5 KB · Views: 3
Here it is!
MOST importantly: what sector(s) did you see read error?

EDIT: though I'm already nearly 100% certain, that this is just a bad disc - "halfway through the disc" would be in the center of the main movie - no protection would cause that. More likely your drive is having trouble reading near the edge of the disc (around the layer break), which is not uncommon.

Also, you said "MOD" and I assumed it's "Movie On Demand" (or DOD as in Disc on Demand), is that what it is?
Because it's a regular AACS protected disc and that would not be typical for DoD.

Yes, MOD from Amazon. See screenshot for sectors.

Attachments

• sectors.jpg
    sectors.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 10
After some googling it looks like the Universal MODs are indeed pressed discs (with AACS), not burned. No idea, why they call them "MOD".

Yes, MOD from Amazon. See screenshot for sectors.
Well, I'm going to go with genuinely bad disc.
The main movie is a single clip in one piece, the only sector-break is at the layer break and the read error is in the middle of the first layer (into the movie at ~00:56:20). There is no proper way to add a deliberate read error there if the disc is otherwise supposed to work on a player.
I suppose, if you play it back on a hw player, it will at least jump at that time stamp.

Back