Can't rip Universal MOD Blu-ray disc - read error sectors

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by tandem85, Sep 20, 2019.

1. tandem85

tandem85 Member

Tried ripping The Producers (2005) Universal MOD Blu-ray with AnyDVD 8.3.9.2 and I'm getting the read error sectors halfway through the process.

Anything I should try?

2. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

You mean like providing a log file? ;)

Is that MOD from Amazon or some other place?
    Oh, and it would help, if you can say which sectors had read errors (or at least some of them), so we know where to look.

3. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Please post an AnyDVD logfile.

4. tandem85

tandem85 Member

Here it is!

Attached Files:

5. Pete

MOST importantly: what sector(s) did you see read error?

EDIT: though I'm already nearly 100% certain, that this is just a bad disc - "halfway through the disc" would be in the center of the main movie - no protection would cause that. More likely your drive is having trouble reading near the edge of the disc (around the layer break), which is not uncommon.

Also, you said "MOD" and I assumed it's "Movie On Demand" (or DOD as in Disc on Demand), is that what it is?
    Because it's a regular AACS protected disc and that would not be typical for DoD.

6. tandem85

tandem85 Member

Yes, MOD from Amazon. See screenshot for sectors.

Attached Files:

7. James

Could you please post the Amazon link?

8. tandem85

tandem85 Member

9. James

After some googling it looks like the Universal MODs are indeed pressed discs (with AACS), not burned. No idea, why they call them "MOD".

10. Pete

Well, I'm going to go with genuinely bad disc.
    The main movie is a single clip in one piece, the only sector-break is at the layer break and the read error is in the middle of the first layer (into the movie at ~00:56:20). There is no proper way to add a deliberate read error there if the disc is otherwise supposed to work on a player.
    I suppose, if you play it back on a hw player, it will at least jump at that time stamp.

11. tandem85

tandem85 Member

Thanks guys.