• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't rip Matrix HD DVD with AnyDVD HD v6.4.0.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
750 GB, 32 mb cache, sata 2 hard drives are at a pretty sweet price point in North America at the moment, with respect to GB/$ (perhaps that info will be of interest to you)

Quite true. And I have a linux server that could technically utilize the space. My HTPC is not going to accept too much more. My network is probably fast enough to mount them from the server so it might work. I'll have to see about grabbing one and throwing it in the server.

Quite true. And I have a linux server that could technically utilize the space. My HTPC is not going to accept too much more. My network is probably fast enough to mount them from the server so it might work. I'll have to see about grabbing one and throwing it in the server.

1000 GB hard drives have shot down in price as well--but aren't quite at the best price point yet (the Samsung Spinpoint F1s are lauded for speed atm, but I'm not sure if I trust them not to break down)

Last edited:
I always go for the sweet spot in pricing vs performance vs space. The 750's are at that point right now, I'd agree. And it'd give me some breathing room. I MAY consider turning my linux machine into a W2K8 file server. The networking stack on that thing is tremendous.

since were on the topic of hard drives wheres a good place to get a good price on a hard drive 750gb to 1tb in size?

yeah ive checked there i got some good prices on 2x 1Tb har drives but i was bidding on ebay and i got lucky i got one for under 200.00 but i dont think that will happen again

Did you try two different drives? There is the possibility that the discs are fine and the drive is defective. Especially in the middle of the disc (around the layer break) drives like to "screw up".

I only have one drive that can read hd dvd. However, I believe you are correct, they croak around where the data layer is every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back