• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't rip Matrix HD DVD with AnyDVD HD v6.4.0.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the OP can rip the disc with other software (tho without removing the encryption) then obviously there is no problem with the disc or the drive, the problem must be anydvd.

If the OP can rip the disc with other software (tho without removing the encryption) then obviously there is no problem with the disc or the drive, the problem must be anydvd.

I suppose that might be a possibility, if what you wrote were true, but it isn't:

I was reviewing the backuphddvd files, and it seems that part of the movie was missing.

Last edited:

Wrong conclusion.

Failed to rip in the XP machine as well. Since you guys could rip in exact drive with exact same firmware, and I've had no problems at all with the drive, I have come to the conclusion that all the discs are f**cked. Great Job Warner Bros., you really have a handle on quality control!
Did you try two different drives? There is the possibility that the discs are fine and the drive is defective. Especially in the middle of the disc (around the layer break) drives like to "screw up".

Well, woodpecker2 wasn't able to rip the disc properly using other software anyway, so . . .

That and the fact that all of us are able to with AnyDVD enabled with the same drive and firmware. My point is that far too often the blame is placed on AnyDVD when in fact 99% of the time it isn't at fault. This is the EXACT reason I came up with the troubleshooting guide that shuts off AnyDVD to rip the disc. It should show people that AnyDVD has nothing to do with it.

That and the fact that all of us are able to with AnyDVD enabled with the same drive and firmware. My point is that far too often the blame is placed on AnyDVD when in fact 99% of the time it isn't at fault. This is the EXACT reason I came up with the troubleshooting guide that shuts off AnyDVD to rip the disc. It should show people that AnyDVD has nothing to do with it.

Yeah, I agree.

There's a widespread issue with that disc. Very common

I can't say I'm a fan of how close the data layer is to the surface with Blu-ray either.
I don't think Amazon will take it back after one year... :mad:
I really, really hope this is an exception, and that Blu-ray discs will be playable a little longer than one year. OTOH this is nice for the studios, discs dissolve after the warranty ended. Want to watch it again? Buy it again! Man, I am seriously p*ssed. BTW, the UK HD DVD of "the Prestige", bought around the same time, plays fine.

I don't think Amazon will take it back after one year... :mad:
I really, really hope this is an exception, and that Blu-ray discs will be playable a little longer than one year. OTOH this is nice for the studios, discs dissolve after the warranty ended. Want to watch it again? Buy it again! Man, I am seriously p*ssed. BTW, the UK HD DVD of "the Prestige", bought around the same time, plays fine.

Good thing this awesome company I've heard about writes software that allows you to make backups of your discs. :D

Sorry i didnt read the whole thread before posting, i just read it worked with some other software.

I have had dvds look like that as well, so i dont think its a major problem or even bluray specific, probably just something went wrong when that movie was pressed.

I don't think Amazon will take it back after one year...

Complain to Disney?

"Hello, this is Slysoft calling. Yeah, your poorly manufactured Blu-ray releases are rotting in Antigua!!!"

*click*

"Hello?"

;)

I really, really hope this is an exception

I think I read somewhere that a company is changing the surface for Blu-ray again. I'd look for the article, but I'm too lazy atm.

Traditionally, humidity with salt sea air is not conducive to producing good environments for discs. But the problem with The Prestige (and some other Blu-ray discs) was noted a fair bit online.

There's a widespread issue with that disc. Very common

I can't say I'm a fan of how close the data layer is to the surface with Blu-ray either.
You tell me! :D
When was the last time I mentioned, that IMHO Blu-ray sucks?

You tell me! :D
When was the last time I mentioned, that IMHO Blu-ray sucks?

It's been over 10 minutes. :D Like I said, good thing some crazy ass company makes some pretty darn awesome software to allow us to make ISO's of our discs for backup!

It's been over 10 minutes. :D Like I said, good thing some crazy ass company makes some pretty darn awesome software to allow us to make ISO's of our discs for backup!
I need serious server storage for my home theater. ;)

I need serious server storage for my home theater. ;)

You and me both. I was just noticing I am getting low on space. I think I may grab some external drives to store my images on. I'd love a NAS but I so definitely can't afford that at the moment.

You and me both. I was just noticing I am getting low on space. I think I may grab some external drives to store my images on. I'd love a NAS but I so definitely can't afford that at the moment.

750 GB, 32 mb cache, sata 2 hard drives are at a pretty sweet price point in North America at the moment, with respect to GB/$ (perhaps that info will be of interest to you)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back