• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't rip Matrix HD DVD with AnyDVD HD v6.4.0.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attempting to rip with 6.4.0.7 now. The disc is US Matrix, single sided. It is part of the boxset. I have the same issue with the other two movies also. I was reviewing the backuphddvd files, and it seems that part of the movie was missing. So maybe it is a drive issue after all. Has anyone successfully ripped these movies with the LG GGC-H20L? (Firmware v1.02, the newest I can find for that drive)

Last edited:
Any particular reason why you haven't posted AnyDVD_Info files?
What region (country) are these discs from?

EDIT: And what does "fail" mean? Error message?

Here is a screen capture of the error message:

118nijb.jpg

Where do I get the info files from?

I am ripping it as I type... but we don't know, if it is the US version, the single sided version or the combo disc version, do we?

Mine is the single sided US version. Ripped fine with CloneCD. No errors at all. That's with AnyDVD enabled and an LG drive. So, no idea. I never had a problem with these discs before, either.

Attempting to rip with 6.4.0.7 now. The disc is US Matrix, single sided. It is part of the boxset. I have the same issue with the other two movies also. I was reviewing the backuphddvd files, and it seems that part of the movie was missing. So maybe it is a drive issue after all. Has anyone successfully ripped these movies with the LG GGC-H20L? (Firmware v1.02, the newest I can find for that drive)

Yes. Just did so using CloneCD with AnyDVD enabled. No problems at all, same firmware.

I'll post the info files soon as this rip is done(or fails again).

I'll post the info files soon as this rip is done(or fails again).

What options do you have checked off on the Video HD DVD screen in AnyDVD preferences? Do you have the Remove all menus... or Rename highest... checkboxes checked?

What options do you have checked off on the Video HD DVD screen in AnyDVD preferences? Do you have the Remove all menus... or Rename highest... checkboxes checked?

Neither one of those is checked, everything else above it is checked.

Neither one of those is checked, everything else above it is checked.

K. Just wanted to make sure we're dealing with the same settings. Yours is the single sided, US release from the trilogy?

I don't see anything terribly interesting either except that you're running 64 bit Vista and I'm running 32 bit Vista. (Just can't bring myself to go 64 bit on that machine yet) It SHOULDN'T make a difference. But, I don't know what else is different.

K. Just wanted to make sure we're dealing with the same settings. Yours is the single sided, US release from the trilogy?

That is the exact set I have. Single sided, US, trilogy discs. All 3 have the same problem.

Yeah, I'm not seeing anything terribly interesting.

I would try

a) cleaning the discs

b) changing the cables on the back of the drive

c) trying a different drive

Don't have another hddvd drive. The discs are brand new, clean and spotless mirror-like. I'll try the cable, but that seems VERY HIGHLY unlikely to be the problem as the drive has read and written all sorts of dvdr,dvdrom,bluray, and read other hddvds.

The discs are brand new, clean and spotless mirror-like.

Completely meaningless

Just because discs look and play fine do not mean that they are fine. You should probably try cleaning them and try again--or exchange them.

Don't have another hddvd drive. The discs are brand new, clean and spotless mirror-like. I'll try the cable, but that seems VERY HIGHLY unlikely to be the problem as the drive has read and written all sorts of dvdr,dvdrom,bluray, and read other hddvds.

Then exchange the discs.

Last edited:
I don't see anything terribly interesting either except that you're running 64 bit Vista and I'm running 32 bit Vista. (Just can't bring myself to go 64 bit on that machine yet) It SHOULDN'T make a difference. But, I don't know what else is different.

My friend has the Ultimate Matrix Collection (I do as well) and Vista Ultimate 64 bit edition (I do as well) has no issues ripping these discs (and I didn't either when I was testing some drives recently).

Last edited:
I just redid the disc with AnyDVD Ripper, again, no problems. I suspect a bad disc.

With an LG drive?

No. He used the X-box drive (with some kind of special hacked drivers; he says he was having trouble under Vista 64bit without using different drivers)

But a few weeks ago I was messing around with a LG GGW-H20L (I decided I didn't like it . . . but won't go into detail, except I didn't like the +R DL burn quality that I was getting), and I didn't experience issues with The Matrix Ultimate Collection.

Last edited:
No. He used the X-box drive.

But a few weeks ago I was messing around with a LG GGW-H20L (I decided I didn't like it . . . but won't go into detail), and I didn't experience issues with The Matrix Ultimate Collection.

K. Just checking. I haven't had a problem with them, either. I suspect he'll need to replace the discs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back