• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't Rip Disc

I agree that the attacks are unnecessary. Let's all be respectful here.

As for the rip to harddisk feature, it was originally intended for DVD's. It sometimes works with blu-rays, but, it wasn't created for that purpose. Rather than adding more code to restrict it only to DVD media types, SlySoft (and now Redfox) left the code in there to work on any disc type. As James has repeatedly said, it's not RECOMMENDED for use on other disc types than DVD, but, it's not prohibited, either. So while it's not prevented, I doubt very much they want to spend a lot of time troubleshooting issues with it when other solutions are available.

Note, this is MY personal opinion....James may decide to speak for Redfox officially. I don't work for them but I've been around a while.
Not quite correct. The "rip to folder" was added, because Windows 2000/XP cant read UDF 2.x discs (HD-DVD, later Blu-ray). You had to rip to folder, if you wanted a folder. ;)
Today it is still useful and better than explorer copy, because it does the same verification / checks, if decryption is correct, as the image creation does.

Not quite correct. The "rip to folder" was added, because Windows 2000/XP cant read UDF 2.x discs (HD-DVD, later Blu-ray). You had to rip to folder, if you wanted a folder. ;)
Today it is still useful and better than explorer copy, because it does the same verification / checks, if decryption is correct, as the image creation does.

Ahhhhh that's right. Memory is getting a little rusty. :) Aren't we past the days of what "Windows 2000/XP" did? Just saying. :)

I'm not asking for the feature to be disabled (I'd rather it wasn't!). Just say it's unsupported, and I'll stop requesting help.
It is supported and should work with all disks. What happens, if you mount the image you created in VCD and rip from this image to folder with AnyDVD? Does this work?

Sorry, I just noticed this in one of your replies. I believe that was automatically installed with my motherboard's drivers when I first built the rig. I think it's supposed to increase I/O throughput or some crap like that, but it's probably just Intel snake oil. If you think it's interfering, I could try disabling it.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/rapid-storage-technology.html
Many Intel Storage drivers were very broken. You could at least update to a more recent version.

I would add a disclaimer to that, personally. Yes, it SHOULD work for ALL discs, but, 3D discs (which this is not so this doesn't apply here...this is more a general comment) will see an almost double increase in size due to the way its stored on disc. Yet another reason for the ISO recommendation, but, I wanted to clarify this because doing a 1:1 rip to folder may not give you exactly what you think in all cases.

I would add a disclaimer to that, personally. Yes, it SHOULD work for ALL discs, but, 3D discs (which this is not so this doesn't apply here...this is more a general comment) will see an almost double increase in size due to the way its stored on disc. Yet another reason for the ISO recommendation, but, I wanted to clarify this because doing a 1:1 rip to folder may not give you exactly what you think in all cases.
It never does. :D

It is supported and should work with all disks. What happens, if you mount the image you created in VCD and rip from this image to folder with AnyDVD? Does this work?

No, it too creates a very small folder (28MB).

I don't use folders because I think it'll be 1:1 or because I'm stubborn or adverse to change, it's because the automation tools I wrote to process and transcode discs make use of some backend tools don't work with ISOs. I've been working on some just-in-time mounting in my frontend tools, on and off at time permits, but there's never enough time in the day!

I don't use folders because I think it'll be 1:1 or because I'm stubborn or adverse to change, it's because the automation tools I wrote to process and transcode discs make use of some of backend tools don't work with ISOs. I've been working on some just-in-time mounting in my frontend tools, on and off at time permits, but there's never enough time in the day!

Please understand I wasn't trying to get you to justify what you're trying to do. I'm not questioning it. If that's what you need, that's what you need. I'm simply trying to give context that it's not as straight forward as simply ripping everything to a folder. If you need to automate, 7zip has a command line tool that would allow you to extract the ripped ISO to a folder. Did you try doing that with the ISO you made to see if that might work? From the GUI 7zip I mean to see if it works.

Please understand I wasn't trying to get you to justify what you're trying to do. I'm not questioning it. If that's what you need, that's what you need. I'm simply trying to give context that it's not as straight forward as simply ripping everything to a folder. If you need to automate, 7zip has a command line tool that would allow you to extract the ripped ISO to a folder. Did you try doing that with the ISO you made to see if that might work? From the GUI 7zip I mean to see if it works.

I haven't thought of extracting the ISO. I saw your comment on it earlier in this thread, and have been thinking about.

Thanks for the idea.

I haven't thought of extracting the ISO. I saw your comment on it earlier in this thread, and have been thinking about.

Thanks for the idea.

Yea give it a try and see if it helps. If it does then the 7zip command line could be used to script it.

Thanks for the idea.
You could simply use the Windows "copy" command to create your folder copy. Or "xcopy". Or "robocopy".

Are files missing or are files truncated?

I just compared a "rip to hard drive" vs. a Windows copy and there are many differences, but the main one is that the former is missing all the m2ts files.

Thanks

I just compared a "rip to hard drive" vs. a Windows copy and there are many differences, but the main one is that the former is missing all the m2ts files.

Thanks
This is strange. According to your logfile, AnyDVD sees them all, so it knows they are there. And it needs to know, as the m2ts files are encrypted. I assume the image created plays fine.
Could you send me the first Gigabyte of the image, so I can check the UDF structure? If yes, I can send you instructions where to upload it via PM.

Thanks
The BDMV\STREAM folder is created, but empty?

This is strange. According to your logfile, AnyDVD sees them all, so it knows they are there. And it needs to know, as the m2ts files are encrypted. I assume the image created plays fine.
Could you send me the first Gigabyte of the image, so I can check the UDF structure? If yes, I can send you instructions where to upload it via PM.

Sure, James, I can send you what ever you want.

Back