• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't Rip Disc

DrXenos

I can't seem to rip this disc. It completes successfully, but the size is only about 20MB.

Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.9.0_Info_F_BLADE II_DE38975C_832F8CAC.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
I can't seem to rip this disc. It completes successfully, but the size is only about 20MB.

Thanks.
Rip how? Image? Folder? With AnyDVD? Or anything else?

EDIT:
And what is an Intel Rapid Store Filter driver from 2012 doing in your optical drive stack?

Sorry, James. Rip to folder using AnyDVD.

I know. You give me this lecture every time. I don't want an ISO. I want a folder.

On a second thought: Use CloneBD's free functions to create either ISO or folder. Just let AnyDVD do just the decryption.

You are really stubborn. So you don't want any help. Understood.

Hahaha. You have no clue. Sometimes it needs various approaches from various angles to make a copy from a disc work. Get a life!

Ok, everyone needs to settle down please.

DrXenos, clearly the rip to folder function of AnyDVD is not working on this particular title. And you insist you want a folder rip. Fine. You don't want to use another product that's free. Weird, but ok. Have you tried simply using Windows explorer and copying the contents of the disc to a folder? What you've posted so far doesn't give a lot to go on for people trying to help you.

James:

If you are still looked at this, here is what I've found so far:
1. Rip to ISO does work.
2. Ripping to a folder using a simple Windows copy also works.

James, other Red Fox staff, and Mods:

With all due respect, I feel Red Fox needs to officially state whether or not this feature (ripping to Blu-rays to folders) is officially supported or not.

If not, I will refrain from posting requests for help with it, and take my lumps when it fails.

If you guys do assert that it is a supported feature, I feel that as a paying customer, I should not be attacked by other forum members for using an unpopular feature.

Regards,

DrX

Last edited:
I agree that the attacks are unnecessary. Let's all be respectful here.

As for the rip to harddisk feature, it was originally intended for DVD's. It sometimes works with blu-rays, but, it wasn't created for that purpose. Rather than adding more code to restrict it only to DVD media types, SlySoft (and now Redfox) left the code in there to work on any disc type. As James has repeatedly said, it's not RECOMMENDED for use on other disc types than DVD, but, it's not prohibited, either. So while it's not prevented, I doubt very much they want to spend a lot of time troubleshooting issues with it when other solutions are available.

Note, this is MY personal opinion....James may decide to speak for Redfox officially. I don't work for them but I've been around a while.

I'm not asking for the feature to be disabled (I'd rather it wasn't!). Just say it's unsupported, and I'll stop requesting help.

Thanks,
DrX

For another data point, I tried to do a folder copy using CloneBD, but it failed with an "internal error." I'd send the log to Elaborate Bytes, but at this point I don't care. I was already able to get the folder as indicated above.

It seems like a very stubborn disc, though. I had to update PowerDVD before it could even play it.

DrX

EDIT:
And what is an Intel Rapid Store Filter driver from 2012 doing in your optical drive stack?

Sorry, I just noticed this in one of your replies. I believe that was automatically installed with my motherboard's drivers when I first built the rig. I think it's supposed to increase I/O throughput or some crap like that, but it's probably just Intel snake oil. If you think it's interfering, I could try disabling it.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/rapid-storage-technology.html

Sorry, I just noticed this in one of your replies. I believe that was automatically installed with my motherboard's drivers when I first built the rig. I think it's supposed to increase I/O throughput or some crap like that, but it's probably just Intel snake oil. If you think it's interfering, I could try disabling it.

Be careful.
If you can't find a way to properly uninstall Intel Rapid Storage Technology (aka IRST) and just dive in and delete the filter driver (usually iaStorF.sys) you will make your system unbootable.

There is some extensive discussion here:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...chnology/e3c4b6d6-56ba-4ac5-be50-89843c9d9b22
including some input from me (using bdg2 handle). Read ALL of it, the first message that claims to describe the correct method is not complete. But basically it's not easy to get rid of manually.

And yes, AnyDVD is exactly the kind of thing many versions of IRST can cause problems with.

I know. You give me this lecture every time. I don't want an ISO. I want a folder.
I understand. But if you rip to iso, you double click the file and you have folders. If Virtual CloneDrive is installed.

Or you can even use 7zip to extract all the files and folders from an ISO exactly like from a zip file.

Back