• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't Rip Dirty GrandPa

Jsitarik

I have been reading about others problems. Tried suggested tricks, no luck Running AnyDVDHD 8.0.3.0
Regardless if I use disc or first rip to folder or iso can not get a good copy. Every one has message at about 8:15 thru 9:00 minutes that problems have occurred.
How do I get a usable copy? I prefer MKV files for my personal use.
I've included a log file of disc

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.3.0_Info_E_DIRTY_GRANDPA.ziplog
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
That's not a new title and decryption is done just fine. The iso rip works just fine, what's likely the problem is that the software you use to make the mkv picks the wrong playlist. You need to use the playlist anydvd tells you to use in the status window. This is not an anydvd issue but a playback/conversion software problem.

I have been reading about others problems. Tried suggested tricks, no luck Running AnyDVDHD 8.0.3.0
Regardless if I use disc or first rip to folder or iso can not get a good copy. Every one has message at about 8:15 thru 9:00 minutes that problems have occurred.
How do I get a usable copy? I prefer MKV files for my personal use.
I've included a log file of disc

First off you should only rip Blu-ray to iso.

Secondly this disc should be handled correctly and show you the correct playlist in status window if using the original disc and you are connected to the internet for OPD access.

Update to the latest beta here:
http://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupAnyDVD8031.exe

Now what are you using to play it back with and are you starting over from the beginning or resume.
Start from the beginning.
If you are using a licensed player with menu support use the speedmenu and see if that matches the playlist from status. If so select that but make sure you are not resuming film. But PDVD should use the main menu correctly at least it does for me.
If you are using a player w/o menu support then you must tell it which playlist to use . Because this disc has playlist obfuscation on it the player will pick the wrong playlist.
Other than that if you still have an issue post a logfile from 8.0.3.1.

Is there a good thread describing speedmenu and playlists. I guess I'm much more of a newbie than I thought because I don't know how to access speedmenu and didn't realize there may be more than 1 playlist on the disc.

Is there a good thread describing speedmenu and playlists. I guess I'm much more of a newbie than I thought because I don't know how to access speedmenu and didn't realize there may be more than 1 playlist on the disc.
You could use the search.
But it's really easy to set. Just click on the fox in your taskbar. That should pop-up a window for AnyDVDHD . On the left side should be a tree . Under video Blu-ray there is a listing for speedmenu. Select that. Now it will ask how you want speedmenu to work. I recommend the Java based setting. And I wouldn't select keep original menu as that can cause issues for certain disc's. But it usually tells you if that's the case. But it can be a issue.
After you have done all that hit the ok at the bottom and it should rescan the disc . Again make sure you are using the original disc or a protected image at the least.
PS
Right clicking on the AnyDVDHD settings and options gives you a more detailed explanation of what it does in most cases.
If you need further information just ask that's what we're all here for.
Also anytime it tells you the good playlist(s) in the AnyDVDHD status window. The disc has screenpass or BD-J playlist protection on it.
For those disc's .
You must be connected to the internet everytime you run AnyDVDHD on these (playlist obfuscation disc's)for it to be decrypted properly and show you the playlist.

Last edited:
Thank u I did not have speedmenu checked.
I have downloaded 8.0.3.1 and will try again.
I am playing the movies back on a WDTV media server. Do I access the speedmenu the same as I would the regular menu?

you don't need speedmenu, decryption is done just fine. As i stated earlier, decryption is done just fine. The problem is your (now stated) WDTV media server, as that thing is not a licensed blu-ray player it guesses the correct playlist and picks the wrong one. You need to tell it to load the one specified in the AnyDVD status window (think it is 410). This is not an anydvd issue.

Thank u I did not have speedmenu checked.
I have downloaded 8.0.3.1 and will try again.
I am playing the movies back on a WDTV media server. Do I access the speedmenu the same as I would the regular menu?
From the AnyDVD status:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 8.0.3.0, BDPHash.bin 16-05-19)
HL-DT-ST BD-REBH10LS30 1.02 A01105139ZA57K5044
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 11382592 sectors (22231 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: DIRTY_GRANDPA
Media is AACS protected!
Disc wants bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 58
Removed AACS copy protection!
Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Sony structural BD-J protection removed!
Removed UOPs!
Java BD protection good playlists: 410
Added speedmenu![\quote]

@Jsitarik This will be the third time i'm telling you this. Since you prefer to use MKV's, tell your MKV creation software to use the playlist specified in the anydvd status window. It already is telling you the correct playlist. Your conversion / playback solution is currently selecting the wrong one which is why you're getting that black screen. Repeat: you do NOT need speedmenu

Back