• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't rip a DVD I've already done

Robin Mangham

Hi,

I've been using AnyDVD with Handbrake successfully for some time now and just starting to have problems.

I already ripped my Goonies DVD (Region 1 - I'm in Region 2 UK), but after getting a 5.1 surround system I noticed I ripped some films as 2.0 instead of 5.1. I am trying to rip these again, but sometimes get warnings about bad disc, etc. I just got this when trying to do Goonies again, but now it's just not ripping it.

I will attach the log in the hopes someone can tell me why this is now not working. The only difference is the new AnyDVD HD version and I'm using my external BR drive as my internal DVD drive no longer reads discs at all.

Thanks.

Attachments

• activity_log11128.txt
    24.3 KB · Views: 4
Hi,

I've been using AnyDVD with Handbrake successfully for some time now and just starting to have problems.

I already ripped my Goonies DVD (Region 1 - I'm in Region 2 UK), but after getting a 5.1 surround system I noticed I ripped some films as 2.0 instead of 5.1. I am trying to rip these again, but sometimes get warnings about bad disc, etc. I just got this when trying to do Goonies again, but now it's just not ripping it.

I will attach the log in the hopes someone can tell me why this is now not working. The only difference is the new AnyDVD HD version and I'm using my external BR drive as my internal DVD drive no longer reads discs at all.

Thanks.
How about an AnyDVD logfile?

Sorry, meant to upload 2 :)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.1.0_Info_F_THE_GOONIES.ziplog
    126.8 KB · Views: 10
AnyDVD simply cannot in any way change the audio channels from 5.1 to 2.0 layout. AnyDVD can only rip 1:1 changing channel layout is purely done by your cloning/conversion tool or your surround system is set up to output stereo and not surround (like my Z5500 can). This is not an AnyDVD problem

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

AnyDVD simply cannot in any way change the audio channels from 5.1 to 2.0 layout. AnyDVD can only rip 1:1 changing channel layout is purely done by your cloning/conversion tool or your surround system is set up to output stereo and not surround (like my Z5500 can). This is not an AnyDVD problem

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Hi,

Im not trying to rip from 5.1 to 2.0. Ive done that already with Handbreak. Im trying to rip 5.1 to 5.1. The error comes when scanning the disc with Handbreak before ripping. There are errors about copy protection which AnyDVD should bypass, yes? This also happens if I try to rip to iso with AnyDVD and also with MakeMKV.

Is there anything useful in the logs? Like I say, Ive used AnyDVD and Handbreak already to rip this DVD and its worked fine.

Thanks.

I know you're trying to rip to 5.1, and as I said AnyDVD simply CANNOT change the channel layout. AnyDVD does NOT touch the audio in any shape or form. Such changes are solely down to the conversion tool.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Hi,

Im not trying to rip from 5.1 to 2.0. Ive done that already with Handbreak. Im trying to rip 5.1 to 5.1. The error comes when scanning the disc with Handbreak before ripping. There are errors about copy protection which AnyDVD should bypass, yes? This also happens if I try to rip to iso with AnyDVD and also with MakeMKV.

Is there anything useful in the logs? Like I say, Ive used AnyDVD and Handbreak already to rip this DVD and its worked fine.

Thanks.
Try ripping the disc first with AnyDVD, then feed into Handbrake. If you were using CloneDVD, the protection would be removed "on the fly" as it were. But not with Handbrake.

There are read errors also. Check the disc to see if there are smudges, scratches, etc.

Here's what I do.. with Slysoft/Handbrake tools.. however, I've since changed to VidCoder.. (uses HB as the encoding engine, but the interface is more friendly).

I rip all my discs using CloneDVD2.. all VOB files to a folder, never an ISO or to burn directly to another disc. Then, I import that folder into say HB, since we're talking about that here. So.. on the audio tab, make sure you choose AC3 Passthrough. In HB, that screen tab doesn't show you the audio output results using the Passthrough option,.. whereas, in VidCoder, it does... it shows you the input source kpbs, as well as the output when you choose different formats to encode to. In VidCoder, I never use Passthrough, as it shows as a 0 output file for audio, I use AC3, Bitrate = Auto, and Same as Source. A pure audio file from a DVD should have an incoming audio source of 448kpbs.. and that's what you'll get with Handbrake. With VidCoder, it will encode it to a higher output of 640kpbs.

I know what you're going through.. since HB defaults all audio output to Stereo AAC- 160kpbs... and I had to redo my entire 500 movie library!

For my computer, and home theater.. all movies are now 5.1 / 640kpbs output.. and I only encode smaller files, for say.. my daughter's phone, in 480p, 192kbps stereo, and that's only so we can squeeze as many movies as possible on the memory card. Pic included to show you the Properties tab of my encoded version of The Goonies, using VidCoder.

Attachments

• goonies.jpg
    goonies.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I have created quite a few presets in VidCoder depending on the incoming/outgoing formats.. but here's the one I created for all my DVDs; standard 5.1 surround sound. Even for the rarest of movies, such as Big Trouble in Little China, that uses 4.1 surround, this layout encoded that movie to 6 channels, at 640kpbs.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 8
Back