Can't purchase AnyStream with Mastercard debit (gift) card

Discussion in 'Purchase and License Keys' started by Ian Hoverbover, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Ian Hoverbover

Ian Hoverbover New Member

Hello. I tried to purchase AnyStream, and my payment was rejected with a Mastercard debit gift card. I tried calling the card services, and apparently they do not allow international transactions. I am in the United States. Does anyone know how to get around this? When I called the card services, they said they could not see any purchase attempts on the account. I have heard other people have successfully used a Mastercard debit card. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ian

2. Ian Hoverbover

Ian Hoverbover New Member

I guess I should have asked around before going the gift card route. First I purchased two $100 cards.....that didn't work, because I couldn't use two cards to purchase a lifetime license. Then, I purhcased a $200 mastercard debit gift card....that won't work, because they won't allow international purchases outside of the United States. Now I read on another post that someone was able to request a free mastercard debit card through PayPal that accesses your PayPal cash balance, and supposedly you can use that card to make the purchase without a problem. Hoping this is true. I requested mine and will get it under 2 weeks from now. Posting this in hopes that someone reading it won't make the same mistakes I made.

3. SynapseDon

SynapseDon Member

I investigated the Mastercard gift card route (I'm also in the USA). Every single gift card I found, whether at Costco, Sam's Club, Target, Walmart, Staples, etc. say, in the fine print on the cards, that they cannot be used outside of the US. I couldn't find one that seemed safe for international transactions. Gotta read that small print carefully. A couple I saw even said they could not be used for internet transactions!

4. ZARTT

ZARTT Well-Known Member

Hi:
    It was me who posted about using the PayPal M/C debit card to purchase a license.
    When you use yours to do the transaction, you will be asked for the name and phone number of the issuing bank.
    My card was issued by a bank named "The Bancorp Bank".
    That is the bank name that I used for the transaction.
    Do not use PayPal as a bank name.
    You can leave the phone # blank, it is not required.
    The issuing bank will be notated on the back of the card in really small font.
    Good Luck.
    Art.

5. zero269

zero269 Well-Known Member

You're best option is to link up with someone who can buy it online for you using your email address and then just pay them cash.

I say "your email" because it's your email that will be registered to the license.

If you have a VISA check card, then you may just need to wait until RedFox gets their VISA payment option added. They said its a work in progress and are eager to get it done soon.

Best of luck!