• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't get Reclock to work the way I'd like

Restorer

First of all I cannot get Vista Media Center to load Reclock using the recommended settings. I have to tick the (not recommended) Set Reclock as preferred renderer and then it wants to open every time I use my webcam. Is there another way?

I also wondered if Reclock is the answer to what I need. I watch a mixture of NTSC and PAL material on my 120HZ TV. My GPU outputs 1920x1080 at up to 60p. Without reclock I have to manually set the GPU to output at 24p for 24fps and 60hz stuff all of which the TV displays nice and smoothly at 120Hz and change it back to 50HZ for my PAL stuff.

Now I was hoping I would be able to leave the GPU output at 50hz and get reclock play the 24fps stuff so it is smooth. Doesn't seem to work though - 24fps is still choppy. Am I barking up the wrong tree here? Or should I persevere and try to get the settings right. In other words will reclock do what I am expecting of it?

First of all I cannot get Vista Media Center to load Reclock using the recommended settings. I have to tick the (not recommended) Set Reclock as preferred renderer and then it wants to open every time I use my webcam. Is there another way?
ReClock doesn't work with VMC.

Oh well, that's that then :D Just spent days getting everything setup on VMC.

So I guess I'll just have to go on changing the refresh rates manually :(

Maybe I can find a script somewhere that will automate it. And there's me thinking reclock was going to be the answer :doh:

Thanks for your help anyway

Actually it works perfectly in VMC with latest version of ReClock.
Using preferred renderer option may screw up other applications though. But you can add them to the list of app where ReClock should not load I think.

Actually it works perfectly in VMC with latest version of ReClock.
You cannot get it to work reliably. If it works, it's just ... luck.

You cannot get it to work reliably. If it works, it's just ... luck.

Then I'm lucky...

But what use to be the problem besides the issues that you fixed a while ago (TV not working until uninstall and the removal of preferred render wich you brought back)

Then I'm lucky...

But what use to be the problem besides the issues that you fixed a while ago (TV not working until uninstall and the removal of preferred render wich you brought back)

The problem is, that VMC reuses the renderer it has opened before, or leaves the current graph open and creates a second one, which makes its behavior ... unpredictable. As I said, if it works, you are lucky.

Back