• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't get PowerDVD to play movie

GJohn600

I recently purchased a XBOX 360 HD-DVD player. I installed AnyDVD-HD trial and PowerDVD 7.3. I have been testing King Kong that came with the drive. AnyDVD-HD will scan the drive and will list that it has removed the AACS protection. However, when I start up PowerDVD, it comes up with an error saying I have improper graphics drivers. If I run the compatibility test the drivers and non-HDCP card are the two issues.

I am running a Pentium D overclocked to 3.4, a Nvidia 7900 GT PCI-E, 1GB of Ram. I have the latest video drivers from Nvidia.

Isn't AnyDVD-HD supposed to allow you to play a HD-DVD with a non-HDCP card? If I use PowerDVD 6.5, it will go to the title menu but when I try to play it the video stays frozen on the menu and the sound will play.

Any help would be appreciated.

DVI or VGA?

I had this same problem using a DVI connector with a non-HDCP monitor under Vista (NOT under XP). Under Vista needed to use the VGA connector to watch films. YMMV.

I am running Windows XP and using a dvi connection with a non-HDCP monitor. But isn't that what AnyDVD-HD is supposed to allow?

I've run PDVD 7.3 with AnyDVDHD and an NVIDIA 7600GT via DVI which is non HDCP to a non HDCP monitor on King Kong and Babel. Seems to work fine here. I haven't as yet applied the new 'n' rev patch for PDVD

So you don't get the error message about your video driver? I went to NVidia's website and installed what they listed as the most up to date driver. It is Forceware release 90 Version 93.71. Is that what you have installed?

Yep, that's the one. There hasn't been an update since November 2006

Running PDVD7.3 on a PC wth and ATI 9600 card does generate an error, as I gather the performance is not to standard

The 7600GT is of ASUS manufacture just in case that is relevant

Sounds like you don't have enough horse power plain and simple.

You really need at LEAST some type of a Core 2 Duo or equivalent as well as a good graphics card.

Back