• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't get Dual Layer DVD+R to play on my DvD player...

pupnut2006

I'm having trouble getting my dual layer DvD copies to play on my DvD player. When I copy a movie onto a standard 4.7 gb DvD there is no problem, my DvD player reads and plays them fine. Can someone help me out please. I am running both programs (AnyDvD, CloneDvD2) maybe there is a certain setting I am missing but I'm not sure. Help me out!!!!

what make of blank media are you using?
(my £250 daewoo dvd recorder/hdd recorder wont plap copies on taiyo yuden discs but will play back all other discs i have recorded.a £20 matsui dvd player handles taiyo yuden discs no problem.very strange indeed).

Memorex media, but Ive played other dual layer DvD "back-ups" on my DvD player before... I'm almost certain I did. I have to go through my collection. I don't really have a good name brand DvD player but since I've gotten it, its played all of my back-ups. It's just now when I try to play a DL disc its telling me "No Disc". I will check a few things and see what turns out. Thanks, write back with any helpful info.

Certain (older) players have compatibility issues with DL media. I use DL Verbs and they play fine on one of my newer Sony machines but will not work on a older Sony. SL Verbs play fine in both machines. Oh well... Most likely you have a hardware issue and not a media one. I just hope your not using Ritek DL's - they suck!!!

:bowdown: :bowdown: WE'RE NOT WORTHY:bowdown: :bowdown:
SLYSOFT is the SHIZNIT

@ pupnut2006,

Welcome to the Forum.

At this time/date the only DL Media that consistently produces quality error free result is Verbatim MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media.

Suggest ensuring that your DVD Burner has the newest most current up to date Firmware available. Also suggest Book Type Bit Setting +R, +RW, +R DL blank Media to DVD-ROM to improve playback compatibility.

Suggest reviewing the below Forum posting ->

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=2516

Regards,
Coaster

Back