• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't get Anydvd working on Vista

diverjones

Installed this version on Windows Vista Box

After installing this version of AnyDVD on my vista Laptop, accepting the default "run upon startup" I get a message everytime I reboot my machine and AnyDVD does not start up automatically. Message I get is "Initialise_Dynamic() Failed!" Happens every time, however, I can run the program manually after booting the machine.

Dennis

After installing this version of AnyDVD on my vista Laptop, accepting the default "run upon startup" I get a message everytime I reboot my machine and AnyDVD does not start up automatically. Message I get is "Initialise_Dynamic() Failed!" Happens every time, however, I can run the program manually after booting the machine.

It's possible reinstalling may fix that issue. For Vista,

1. Ensure you're logged in as administrator. "Or to run Anydvd as Administrator every time you run it in Windows Vista, simply goto the start menu, find Anydvd, right click on it, select “Properties”, then click on the compatibility tab and then under “Privilege Level” click the checkbox that says “Run this program as Administrator.” Now Vista will run Anydvd as Administrator each time you start it.

Now do this for all your Slysoft programs.

info taken from http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=24237&postcount=17

2. If User Account Control is active, you’ll need to allow the Slysoft programs to run at the elevated level. Do whatever you have to do to tell User Account Control to play nice with Slysoft. Disable User Account Control if you absolutely have to (but only do so as a last resort).

3. Install your Slysoft programs.

4. Install your license keys. visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Register
(A window will pop up, asking you to select a file.
Browse to your desktop and select the according license key with a double click.
Reboot your computer afterwards and your product should be unlocked.)

I did what you suggested. While the error message has gone away, now AnyDVD is "blocked" from running at all. I get an icon in my system tray, presumably, windows defender and right clicking on it tells me to show programs blocked from running. AnyDVD is there. It aske me to Run the program, and until I do this manually, I do not get the admin console prompts to run AnyDVD. This is ridiculous. I just want AnyDVD to run automatically when I boot up my system. I do not want it blocked. I have elevated the program to run as administrator, and now the entire program is blocked from running. Before this action, I got the message in my earlier posts that stated AnyDVD could not run at all.

If I wanted to run manually, I would not have checked start automatically at startup. Vista came on my new laptop, but this is taking security too far. I should be able to over ride and tell the OS WHAT I want to run. I have looked in defender and it shows it there listed and I can not "enable" the programd, assuming that would free the program to run, it just says it has not been voted on, or some non sense like that.

Dennis

I did what you suggested. While the error message has gone away, now AnyDVD is "blocked" from running at all. I get an icon in my system tray, presumably, windows defender and right clicking on it tells me to show programs blocked from running.

Doing what I quoted should not suddenly make Anydvd blocked from running. You'll need to clear that setting in Windows Defender.

Wow, Vista really seems like a pain in the rear.

I would suggest not allowing Anydvd to run as administrator then, clear the entry from Windows Defender, and try updating to Anydvd 6.1.5.5 to see if it works.

If you get a popup message from Windows Defender, tell it to play nice with Anydvd.

Maybe Zebadee can help you better than I can.

Last edited:

Dennis

Just reinstall the newest version.

Hi :)
All I can do with the present information available is to echo James & the use latest version.
What your experiencing currently I cannot duplicate. Using latest AnyDVD.
N.B. Windows defender still says it's waitng for approval, implying that drivers are yet too be certified (which they are).
But Slysoft is not alone with this anomoly. 0&0 with the latest defrag V10 can throw up some peculiar results.

For the moment, that seems to have worked. As long as "run as administrator" was selected, Defender was asking for permission to run and was blocked. This new version seems to run without the error, AND without needing to be run as administrator. Yes, you are correct, I am already tired of Vista being the gate keeper for less sophisticated computer users.

If you want to get on the Internet, there are inherent risks involved in that decision. Being asked 10 times if I am sure I want to install this program or not is ridiculous.

Dennis

Back