• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't FF/Rewind Best of Blues Brother DVD

cannot FFW what? Main title? Trailer crap? Anydvd logfile please. Screenshots mean nothing

Thanks for asking. Attached please find the log file.

I just can not rewind/FF nothing on disk. Just nothing. Not even content.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.9.0_Info_E_BEST_OF_BB.ziplog
    52.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
That also begs the question, What are you playing the backups on?

Although I've set AnyDVD to re-enable prohibited user operations:
... I cannot rewind or fast forward the following DVD (from Blues Brothers Extended Edition):
Problem here is Anydvd isn't a player and you gave no details of what software was used to backup the DVD media or play it? Alot of holes here needs to be filled before anyone can see what is happening. And is the log from the original as it seems to small in size and is Region free which to me means you made a log of the backup not the original media it came from.

It's PowerDVD 16.

But, frankly, that doesn't matter. I wouldn't report the DVD's behaviour after having it ripped here if it wouldn't be an exceptional behaviour, supposedly occuring with any player.

Last edited:
Play the ORIGINAL DVD in PDVD16 with AnyDVD disabled. Play the ORIGINAL DVD in PDVD16 with AnyDVD enabled. Simple troubleshooting.

If being able to FF/Rewind changes, then it is likely an AnyDVD problem.

Try rebooting your computer, first. Many problems with Windows can be corrected by giving it a kick in the head.

You didn't get the problem, I'm afraid:

Original DVD:
No rewind / fast forward => alright

AnyDVD Rip with Prohibited User Operation checked:
Rewind / fast forward possible => alright
No rewind / fast forward => failure

Well i do know with blu-rays you can't skip certain trailer crap if the clips don't have any "next chapter" mark. I don't know if the same applies to DVD's

But when you say no ff on content, do you mean trailer crap or the main title as well, or skipping trailers & copyright messages to get to the main title?

Yes, it's the main title as well. I attached a screen capture of the first 1'30" with mouse clicks added so you may see the effect.

Noteworthy: PowerDVD neither shows the white (= FF allowed) nor the translucent (= FF prohibited) time line position pointer with this DVD.

Thanks for asking. Attached please find the log file.

I just can not rewind/FF nothing on disk. Just nothing. Not even content.
Is this from the original disc? If it is, it looks like a bootleg. There aren't any UOPs set, so if a player can't seek, the problem is something else.
Why is AnyDVD running in a VM? I doubt you are using PowerDVD in a VM.

Yes, it is from the original Limited Edition disk set (see hyperlink above, OP). It's disk #3.

I'm using AnyDVD to rip my Blu-Rays and DVDs as ISO files to NAS and play them back later using Virtual CloneDrive (or Win10 ISO mount feature). So I can save the space for storing the disks, yet have the files available anytime/anywhere without Internet access. I don't want any traces of these actions to appear on my host OS.

PowerDVD/Virtual CloneDrive are installed on my host OS, though.

This setup works splendid for years now.

See this CloneBD suggestion for reference.

Last edited:
Yes, it is from the original Limited Edition disk set (see hyperlink above, OP). It's disk #3.
I doubt that Universal Pictures Germany ships anything on DVD without CSS.
But life is full of surprises...

What other proof do you need:

Blues Brothers.png

deleted (I just read your edited comment after I wrote mine)

Do we have good news on this issue?

Do we have good news on this issue?
No, why should we?
To quote myself:
There aren't any UOPs set, so if a player can't seek, the problem is something else.
You can try to create a copy with CloneDVD. Maybe this fixes the seeking issue.

Ah, I see. Thanks for sharing the clues!

Back