Can't download any movies on Netflix

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by magicbutcher, Oct 3, 2021.

1. magicbutcher

magicbutcher Member

Like i said in the title i Can't download any movies on Netflix it download just 1.5 mb of the movie and thats it . Anyway it work well for series . can you do something for me please i need to download some movies ^^ thx

Attached Files:

2. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

You will have to wait for the developers to read your log file

3. magicbutcher

magicbutcher Member

Alright ^^ thx for answering ^^

4. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

I see you have a basic license, are you using a VPN?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  5. magicbutcher

magicbutcher Member

yes of course i have a basic license ( amazon , netflix and disney + ) and yes i have already downloaded movies on netflix and it works on amazon and disney plus and yes i'm using a vpn (surfshark) because of it doesn't work at all without vpn (i'm using anystream on a dedicated server)

Attached Files:

6. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Try using a different VPN channel , a lot of them are blocked by Netflix. Does it download and work correctly when not connected to a VPN?

7. magicbutcher

magicbutcher Member

no cause i'm using it on my dedicated server so it doesn't work at all with anything without vpn ^^ and it works with series but not with movies

8. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

System Requirements
    • A Windows compatible PC with minimum 2 GHz Processor and 1 GB RAM
    • Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
    • Requires a valid account for each streaming provider
    • Running AnyStream in a Virtual Machine requires a valid AnyStream license, trial versions will not work in VMs. I do not think it works correctly on a dedicated server, you need to run it on a Windows PC or a Mac under Paralells.

9. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Like I said some VPN IPs are blocked by the providers.

10. magicbutcher

magicbutcher Member

i'm running anystream on a windows 10 on my dedicated so it works but it works only with series not with movies and i don't understand why . anyway it works fine with amazon and disney +
    and i have a valid license ^^

11. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Its a VPN issue, and AnyStream works with some and will not work with others. The providers are aware of VPNs and they block them.

12. magicbutcher

magicbutcher Member

yes but why does it work with series and not with movies on netflix ? if netflix have my vpn ip's blocked i'll not be able to download anything

13. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

We offer a trial, for you to see if you like the program and make sure it works for you. I am sorry you are having issues, in the settings do you have your correct region set? Maybe the movies you are trying to download are not available in your area that you have your VPN set to.

14. magicbutcher

magicbutcher Member

yes i've made the correct region set and i've just trie series doesn't work anyway . and at the beginning it was working fine with the same settings / VPN it doesn't work until yesterday

15. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Maybe the developers can explain it better than I can. VPNs were never a part of the program, users use them, yes, some successfully, some not. I can not help you any further, please wait for the Developers.

16. magicbutcher

magicbutcher Member

alright thx for your answers ;) have a good night

RedFox 1 likes this.
  17. Don922

Don922 Well-Known Member

It could be that the series and movies are using different CDN servers and the one that you get connected to is blocked by NF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

Its gotten really difficult to use VPN with netflix for me, usually speeds are really crappy and downloads timeout or takes along long time, i have to switch servers many times before i find one that gives me good enough speed.

19. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

I don't think, a VPN blocking is your problem, but the network connection clearly is bad.
    According to your log file, during the download, individual fragments needed to be retried multiple times. Sometimes it continued after requesting the same fragment 3, 4 or 5 times.
    AnyStream is set to give up after 6 unsuccessful retries and at some point ended up there.
    Maybe we can add an option to manually increase that count.
    For now I really do suggest trying different VPN servers.

magicbutcher, DeepSpace and RedFox 1 like this.
  20. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

I really wish I could have been of more help, you were extremely cooperative and polite, and I am very sorry for your issues, maybe try what Pete has suggested, I hope this helps, Pete is the final word on technical issues. Let us know how it goes.

magicbutcher likes this.