• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"Can't create destination file" error...

Kroutox

Hi, guys. I've just come across my first issue with CloneBD since purchasing it. Running v1.0.2.5 on Windows 7 (64-bit), I tried to convert "A Million Ways To Die in the West" after having just converted a few other BDs with no issues. When I clicked "Begin Conversion", I immediately got the "Can't create destination file" error. Looking elsewhere in the forums, I did see several suggestions (e.g., run CloneBD as administrator, try clicking on ISO image and then going back, etc) but nothing works.

If I take the disc out and insert a different disc, it works fine with no complaint, writing to the same destination folder (and without exiting CloneBD). Just seems to be that one disc causing the problem.

It seems the issue was with the output file name. Apparently, "A Million Ways To Die in the West - Main Feature.MP4" doesn't work as a file name. I changed the output file name to simply "Main Feature.MP4" and off it went a'converting.

It seems the issue was with the output file name. Apparently, "A Million Ways To Die in the West - Main Feature.MP4" doesn't work as a file name. I changed the output file name to simply "Main Feature.MP4" and off it went a'converting.

If you want to, you can use Windows Explorer to rename the file to what you want it to be.

If you want to, you can use Windows Explorer to rename the file to what you want it to be.

I should clarify: the original issue was that CloneBD failed to create the output file specified on its "Target" page during conversion setup, so there is no file to rename using the OS.

CloneBD fills the output file name field with "A Million Ways to Die in the West - Main Feature #1.MP4" (there are two main features: theatrical and unrated). When it failed, I tried removing the "#1" from the output file name field. Still failed to create the file. Changing it to "Main Feature.MP4" worked.

I should clarify: the original issue was that CloneBD failed to create the output file specified on its "Target" page during conversion setup, so there is no file to rename using the OS.

CloneBD fills the output file name field with "A Million Ways to Die in the West - Main Feature #1.MP4" (there are two main features: theatrical and unrated). When it failed, I tried removing the "#1" from the output file name field. Still failed to create the file. Changing it to "Main Feature.MP4" worked.

Very strange this one. Created ticket [#865]

Fixed in 1.0.2.6:
- fix: "A Million ways to Die in the West" has line breaks authored into the disc description, resulting in a non-writable output file name. Removing line breaks now.

Back