• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

can't create a mpg of the Hitchhikers guide to galaxy DVD

R Reading

I have tried everything to create a mobile mpg version of the Hitchhikers guide to the universe. Disc 2 copies fine Disc1 refuses to copy just get the warning message with no errors. It claims to have finished successfully.

If I select all the chapters in the first menu then Clone DVD mobile crashes when it tries to create the DVD.

Tried multiple formats e.g. avi, ... same results.

I can play the DVD on the PC and blue ray player.

Any help appreciated.

Regards
Roger R.

Possibly a bad Disc 1.
Provide...
1) CloneDVD mobile version (1.9.2.0 is the current version. Download link in signature below)
2) CloneDVD mobile transcoder log
3) AnyDVD version (7.9.6.0 is the current version. Download link in signature below)
4) AnyDVD logfile
...this may shed some light on the problem.

Or see if you can exchange Disc 1 and try again.

If it's a software problem and you're using the latest versions, don't expect much to be done unless development begins again.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response.

I will respond later onceI have tested the disc in a DVD player. I tried it on the PC and it stops halfway through the film. Looks like its having problem with the second layer.

Regards
Roger R.

Thanks for the quick response.

I will respond later onceI have tested the disc in a DVD player. I tried it on the PC and it stops halfway through the film. Looks like its having problem with the second layer.

Regards
Roger R.

It runs fine on the BlueRay player we have in the lounge and now the DVD plays on the PC which is a bit curious.

Details of applications and logs that I can find

CloneDVD mobile 1.9.2.0
Log file
WARNING: Video aspect ratio is given as 720:576[1.25] but encoded as 1.333333:1[1.33].
This is Chameleon transcoder engine [2.0.1.5] (09/23/2013)
All finished. Thank you and bye bye.

AnyDVD 7.6.6.0
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 7.6.6.0, BDPHash.bin 15-08-10)
HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CH20N A201 G B102141192D48A2939
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1708704 sectors (3337 MBytes)
Total size: 2979336 sectors (5819 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: HGG0EUW1
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 2 4!
Video Standard: PAL

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 10 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

Upgraded t 7.6.9.0 and it now crashes each time I click on more than 1 video file. If its the first in the list which is the warning file then it creates just that file. If I pick one of the others it does not even generate the file but states its created successfully.

AnyDVD 7.6.9.0

Transcoder log
WARNING: Video aspect ratio is given as 720:576[1.25] but encoded as 1.333333:1[1.33].
This is Chameleon transcoder engine [2.0.1.5] (09/23/2013)
All finished. Thank you and bye bye.

I have tried everything to create a mobile mpg version of the Hitchhikers guide to the universe. Disc 2 copies fine Disc1 refuses to copy just get the warning message with no errors. It claims to have finished successfully.

If I select all the chapters in the first menu then Clone DVD mobile crashes when it tries to create the DVD.

Tried multiple formats e.g. avi, ... same results.

I can play the DVD on the PC and blue ray player.

Any help appreciated.

Regards
Roger R.
I don't recall Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe as two disk DVD for the US side. What is disc 2 exactly there? Did you try to play the original first before copying them?

Disc 1 is the actual film, Disc 2 is all about the making of the film and other bits about Douglas Adams and the Hitchikers Guide. Disc 2 is readable and already copied.

I tried to copy it straight away. After that tried playing it on the PC and it would not play using any player on windows 10.
Then played it on a BlueRay player on the TV worked straight away .
Then it would play on the PC, but still could not copy the DVD in any format and the ISO copy refused to work to. Kept stating that the iso format was corrupt.

Regards
Roger R.

Back