• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't copy ...

kmsmith9

aborts with: File IO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 56367952 407552

tried different drives, different disks

any ideas?

thanks!

aborts with: File IO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 56367952 407552

tried different drives, different disks

any ideas?

thanks!
What aborts?

Have you not read the stickies?
You haven't given enough information.

Last edited:
for starters, where's your anydvd logfile ?

You tried different discs ? Different discs of what ? a DVD, a blu-ray what ?
IT aborts, what exactly is "IT" ?

Even if you tried different discs, bad ones usually come in batches. Exchange it

sorry -- here is the logfile

I successfully backed up the original (borrowed and have since returned) twice. I am failing in my attempts to backup the backup(s).

Logfile is attached.

Thanks

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.9.0_Info_D_PAUL_SIMON.zip
    58.2 KB · Views: 4
how do I set the drive region?

can you please explain how to set the drive region?

thanks

still aborts -- new log file attached

Region set per your instructions -- still cannot backup dvd.

any help appreciated.

thanks

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.9.0_Info_D_PAUL_SIMON.zip
    55.9 KB · Views: 1
Region set per your instructions -- still cannot backup dvd.

any help appreciated.

thanks

AnyDVD isn't a nanny, so it won't stop you from backing up media you don't own, but usually peopole stay away from imcriminating themselves by helping someone copy media they don't own (also known as piracy). If you're wondering about what in the world i'm talking about, it's this line here -->

borrowed and have since returned

That sort of implies that you're backing up media you don't own. You're free to do this, but it's frowned upon in this forum so just wanted you to know that if no one offers help (although a bit of reading will quickly reveal the answer).

Get the lifetime version of AnyDVD HD (if it is still available) and use the latest version of AnyDVD HD (6792) beta or not.

I would also do some general maintenance on your computer, clean-up ALL the hard drives, registry, default settings in AnyDVD HD until you can find the problems, reboot more often, defrag more often. Have you checked for virus or rootkits lately? Virus database up to snuff?
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks I've learned a lot

It was a copy I borrowed from my local library. Obviously this is not something I have any experience with. I've learned a lot from this discussion so far. I have no intention to do anything illegal, e.g. piracy. I will make amends by purchasing a copy.

Meanwhile, could you suggest how I might overcome my current problem with backing up, so that I can avoid it in the future?

Thanks

I would not be concerned about illegal or piracy, I sure Sony and the MPAA do borderline illegal activity everyday.
:agree:

That's very true, Eddie. First, and foremost, they break the spirit of fair use policy every time they master a disk. Not to mention the actual legal malfeasance committed when they send out those catchall legal ceast and desist orders or try to obtain user internet records without doing due legal diligence.

The difference is that they have millions of dollars to spend defending themseleves where I don't (and i'll go out on a limb and say that you don't either).

Now, a judge just gave Sony a big win by saying that they can obtain the records of that PS3 modding website to, i assume, determine whos been trying to mod thier PS3s.

Now call me paranoid, but if the MPAA/AACS mafia ever gets the right to obtain the identities of anyone whos posted on this forum, as best i can, i don't want my words to be wrongly used against me in support of privacy. The media mafia have shown they have no morals (or common sense) so i need to make sure that i have both in spades in an effort to protect myself and others who will listen.

Having said all of that though, all the information the poster needs is already in the forum. They simply need to spend a few minutes reading some of the old posts.

Just my 2 cents.

still cannot backup dvd

computer is well maintained, de-fragged, virus- scanned, etc.

I'm running AnyDVD 6.7.9.0 (3-6-11) which seems to be the latest available version.

I'm still unable to backup. Any specific help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

still cannot backup dvd

I've spent about an hour searching older posts, the answer is probably staring at me but I don't see it. Can someone please help me by pointing me to it or repeating it?

Thanks

I've spent about an hour searching older posts, the answer is probably staring at me but I don't see it. Can someone please help me by pointing me to it or repeating it?

Thanks

The copied disc is defective. Sorry.

disks not defective

I don't think that the disks are defective. They both play perfectly all the way through.

I don't think that the disks are defective. They both play perfectly all the way through.
Playing a DVD and copying a DVD isn't the same.
When playing a DVD, errors are, or can be, skipped. When copying a DVD the same errors (can) cause problems.

Last edited:
Yep.......... copy is "bit for bit" - playback is forgiving.

=W

Back