• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't Copy "paris By Night 89"

996supefly

I just bought a brand new retail Paris by Night 89. Can't copy it. Any fixes to this yet?

Just like everyone else that tried to copy Paris by Night 89 with brand new retail DVD. No luck!!!

Anyone have the fix to this yet?

Just like everyone else that tried to copy Paris by Night 89 with brand new retail DVD. No luck!!!

I don't think everyone has had a problem. Regardless, some information would be useful. What version of AnyDVD did you use? What other software were you using? What was the error message you got?

Support for the movie only exists in AnyDVD 6.1.7.2 beta and 6.1.7.3 beta and only when CloneDVD2 or the AnyDVD ripper are used.

Anydvd 6.1.7.2 onwards handles this title--just not with Clonecd and possibly other 1:1 disc copiers

Just to clarify:

6.1.7.2 2007 09 06
- New (DVD): Added support for a new version of the Settec AlphaDVD
protection to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable
Sectors", e.g. "Paris by Night 89 - Live in Korea"
Note: 1:1 copy with CloneCD is not yet supported. Currently only
CloneDVD2 or AnyDVD ripper are supported.

Do not post in multiple threads about the exact same issue please.

Update to Anydvd 6.1.7.3, and ensure the alpha-disc junk isn't on your system.

Sorry for the multiple posts.

Here is the full status and error msg. that I got when I tried to copy.
Again, I do have the latest ANYDVD & CLONE DVD versions.

I am not a PC savy. Plain English will do fine.

I tried to rip the DVD video to hard disk and got this "PS 18" error message.
I am uploading the ifo files here. thanks for all the help. it is a brand new music video disk.

2) Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
3) D:/video_ts/vts_02_1.vob 23 PictureReader
4) D:/video_ts/vts_02_1.vob 23 TCSectorReader

My System Information:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.0)
LITE-ON DVD SOHD-16P9S FS09 MAR03 ,2005
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 3887936 sectors (7593 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Disk1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6 8!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Found & removed bogus title set!
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Update AnyDVD to version 6.1.7.4 as this will allow you to handle this title version 6.7.1.0 will not and you will need to run a check to ensure you don't have the root kit installed due to this title.

Here is the full status and error msg. that I got when I tried to copy.
Again, I do have the latest ANYDVD & CLONE DVD versions.

<snip>

You do not have the latest AnyDVD version and as Webslinger and I both stated support for this movie wasn't added until AnyDVD 6.1.7.2 beta. Now that AnyDVD 6.1.7.4 has been released, as Charlie has already stated, I'd advise you to update to that version.

My System Information:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.0)
LITE-ON DVD SOHD-16P9S FS09 MAR03 ,2005
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

<snip>

Please realize I'm not trying to be an ass but when people reply to your question and give you specific information it's in your best interest to actually read what they wrote. Your AnyDVD [6.1.7.0] status window clearly shows you were not using the latest release [and lacking support] and the newer releases existed and did support backing up the DVD.

Last edited:
I appreciated all the work you guys had put in.:bowdown: I will try the new version and give you the result. Thanks!

Back