• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't Copy Memento - CRC problems

jgriffin

I've read the guide above, no help.
I actually just unwrapped this DVD (ripping entire collection) so it's not dirty / scratched or anything. It plays fine in my DVD player, and both PC DVD drives, one is an LG one a Pioneer.
On both drives however, it gets to 58% when ripping with the built in ripper, comes up with a CRC error, and goes no further. I've left it for like 12 hours, and it's still at 58% trying to read.

Summary for drive R: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.6)
PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-111D 1.29 06/08/10PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 4

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1812272 sectors (3539 MBytes)
Total size: 3107568 sectors (6069 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Memento
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 4!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 4!

On both drives however, it gets to 58% when ripping with the built in ripper, comes up with a CRC error, and goes no further. I've left it for like 12 hours, and it's still at 58% trying to read.

Generally CRC errors means a bad disc. It may play fine, that just means that the player is just skipping over the errors and you may or may not notice the jumps. But for back-up purposes, the reader needs to be able to read all the files and will not skip errors.

You need to take the original back and swap it. There have been some people that had to do that 2-3 times before they got a good one. Manufacturers can have bad lots when pressing discs.

Back